16 month old to bed...

my daughter was really sick for about two months and she slept with me.

problem is now, she is getting out of bed and crying for me, i dont know how ot get this to stop. please any advice she really needs to sleep in her own room. she is not sick anymore and there is no reason for us to keep this pattern going, and i dont want it to stay a habit.

Laura_Cruz

Asked by Laura_Cruz at 2:07 AM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• just keep putting her back in bed without talking to her like. first fwe times remind her its night night time and put her back in bed and after the first few times you just put her back in bed. eventually she'll stay and sleep and after a few nights the habit of sleeping in her room./bed will be back in place. just stay consistant
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 2:09 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• i agree with elsa salsaaa eventually she should get it, maybe even try getting a steady nightly ruitine like take a bath rock in the glider reading a story then bed, and if she still wont stop crying and coming back maybe give it a few nights staying with her in her bed...with my son ive finally gotten him in his crib by playing bedtime music and holding his hand
    MSKASSYLEIGH

Answer by MSKASSYLEIGH at 2:32 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• That is one of the hardest things to break a child from. When I had my first kid, I was a single mom so I let her sleep with me every night until I meet my dh and he didn't feel confortible with his ss sleeping in our bed so he made me break her. She cried all the time but soon she stoped and got used to sleeping in her room.
    Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 5:43 PM on Mar. 23, 2011