had a baby 3 weeks ago...ok for me to take a bath?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yep. My midwife actually recommended it.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 10:54 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• If you don't have stitches You can take a bath. And if you did They told me to wait until they dissolved.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 10:54 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• yea
    Melissa561

Answer by Melissa561 at 11:11 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• If it was vaginal it should be fine, I had stitches and they told me to soak as much as possible. If it was a c-section you aren't supposed to take a bath at all until the 6 week check. (At least that's what my docs told me I've had both.)
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 11:16 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I had tons of stitches and was told to bathe right away...no bubbles or anything, but you're supposed to sit in the tub a lot!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 12:56 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Should be fine. Even wtih stitches, I was told to take sits baths to help with the pain.
    Anonymous

• You can bathe, but you're not supposed to use soap. Atleast that's what they told me. Also, did they give you a peri bottle? You should be using it until your stitches are gone - which, I had my baby almost 4 weeks ago & my stitches are gone, so yours should be - or atleast they should be soon.
    LowryMommy

Answer by LowryMommy at 2:13 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Yes, I took a bath the day after. It was quite soothing.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 4:48 PM on Nov. 26, 2008