Have u noticed that...

I have noticed a lot of my friends and family that are around the same age as me "28" that smoke and drink regularly look yrs older then me. Have u noticed that about people who smoke and drink? Im not bashing either so please no rude comments? Just started noticing it as I got older .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Health

• Ya know, they say that, but I'm 25 and have smoked since I was 19 and get told all the time that I look 16. My gramma is pushing 70 and still looks 50 after smoking for 30+ years. So I don't know how true that is.
    charliebean

Answer by charliebean at 3:01 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Hate to tell ya but it def takes a toll on your body and I have noticed that with people I know . Smoking is nasty in the first place sorry
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:05 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I quit smoking when I got prego with my dd, and I have noticed the same thing in some people, especially around the mouth, the color of the teeth, even a yellowish color on their fingers, and my god they stink!!! I asked my dh if thats what I smelled like, even if I went outside with the wind blowing away the smoke. He said yes. The smell of it makes me gag now.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:30 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I've noticed it about a lot of people that I know, my mom looked like she was 90 yrs. old (before she died at the age of 63).
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 5:11 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Yes, I'm in my early thirties and people think I'm in my early twenties and I haven't ever smoked and I rarely drink.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:12 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Im 44, I used to drink socially, and I still smoke. NO ONE believes im going on 45. I look much younger in person. Your DNA has more to do with how you age and look I think.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:22 AM on Mar. 23, 2011