Does acetaminophen work for you?

My evil, mean doctor (ok, fine, my responsible, knowledgeable doctor) won't let me take ibuprofin anymore because it aggravates a condition I have that's been flaring up. I don't get headaches all that often these days, but the ones I've had since the advil ban, tylenol is not cutting it at all. Just me? Is there some trick to getting a working dosage? I haven't bothered with it in years, and I don't remember it being this ineffective when I was a kid.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 2:28 AM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Health

• I take 2 extra strength rapid release with a glass of some sort of soda or sparkling juice. The carbonation helps it for me lol also at night take the pm kind! It helps with a good night sleep :)
    kelbo1989

Answer by kelbo1989 at 2:46 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Tylenol does nothing for me. I stopped taking Ibuprophen and now take Aleve (naproxen) and it works great.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 2:48 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• tylenol works for me, but i am a lightweight when it comes to anything
    MSKASSYLEIGH

Answer by MSKASSYLEIGH at 3:10 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• well if u are having a reaction or something to the IB so the aleve won't work either cause they are both NSAIDs. My grandma's stomach had a hard time with the IB too and she then took the aleve, but had the same thing. But then again different people different effects.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:25 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Tylenol doesn't work for me either, but neither does naproxen. For headaches I use Excedrin and it works wonders. It's a mix of acetaminophen and aspirin and does what Tylenol can't.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:10 AM on Mar. 23, 2011