i forgot to tell the dr :(

i tend to have brain farts and forget stuff when im at the doctors office. like question i have or things to tell him. i had my appt yesterday and i forgot to tell him that my legs have been swelling lately. from my knees to my toes.. all of it is swelling. im not even THAT active where im always on my feet. i prop them at night sometimes they go away from propping them, sometimes they dont. my next appt is in 2 weeks should i just wait and tell my dr next time or is it urgent that he knows now?... its happened more than once in the past 2 weeks... sometimes every day.

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 10:51 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I'd call and run it by him/her. They might want to screen you for preeclampsia.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 10:53 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• id tell him tomorrow just incase ...
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 10:56 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I'm just ttc and I feel like I am best friends with the nurse who picks up the phone at my obgyn's office. I never wait about anything I'd call if i was you.
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 11:00 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• id call tomorrow morning
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 11:01 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Yeah I would call. What I did to remember things was to write them down.May seem kind of corny but your doctor wont care.
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 11:04 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• You have nothing to lose by calling him, but I wouldn't be too concerned, swelling is a pretty common thing! I had one giant foot, and one regular one towards the end.

I had to start keeping a piece of paper in my kitchen that I wrote down stuff on to ask the doctor about at my next visit, I couldn't remember ANYTHING! :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 11:04 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• start making a list for each appt. right down everything. i'm on my third baby and i still right down all my questions, even if i think i know the answer. the doctors like it too, it was my 2nd baby's doctor who told me to write my questions down, even if you come in with a book of questions each time.
    MamaChamberlain

Answer by MamaChamberlain at 11:14 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Call him. I ended up being induced cuz of being so swollen...
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 11:28 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• when in doubt CALL the doc
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 11:44 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• My hands and feet have been swollen for the past month now. As long as your blood pressure is fine, I wouldnt be too worried..However if you are there is always your doc or L&D.
    Rebekahs_Mommy

Answer by Rebekahs_Mommy at 12:53 AM on Nov. 26, 2008