How do I make Horchata?

I LOVE this milky, ricey, cinnaminny drink lol....but the only time I ever get it is when I go to Adelberto's...thank God they just built one here in Lodi or I would have to go all the way to Sacramento or Stockton to get it lol...

Does anyone know how I can make this at home????

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 2:57 AM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I actually make mine with milk. I grind up white rice and soak it in water for about 4 hours. Then I drain off all the water into a pitcher, add 2 or 3 cups of milk, vanilla and cinnamon. Yummy in my tummy! I use the leftover rice to make rice pudding. Mmmmmmm
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 8:08 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I recently wanted to make it as well so I looked it up online. I found that it's actually not made with milk at all, crazy right?! It's made with ground up rice and nuts that sits in water at room temperature with vanilla extract and cinnamon. Salvadorian horchata is my favorite!! Look it up online, you'll get accurate recipes
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 3:22 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/Lolas-Horchata/Detail.aspx
    SelaCarsen

Answer by SelaCarsen at 7:12 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• And sugar too....
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 8:25 AM on Mar. 23, 2011