Is this wrong

My sons dad doesnt do what he's sppose to do for my son soi'm not going to call or text him anymore for nothing. If he wants to see his son he will call or something. I was wondering is this wrong of me. I still love him a lot i juat cant talk to someone who doesnt do for their own blood. Think this may teach him a lesson??? Cause it seems like im the only one trying. like i always text him and call so the baby can talk to him but now i think its ready to have the attitude if he see him he see him and if he doesnt o well!

Also how can i keep myself from calling him. Im in college and work but still find myself wanting to call or either texting...ugh i hate this

Ninisopretty120

Asked by Ninisopretty120 at 2:57 AM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If he really wants something to do with your son he will call or getr ahold of you you shouldn't have to force him to want to have to do something for his son. So no i don't think it is wrong of you you are just trying to do what is best for your son..Hope this helps
    JsMommy2010

Answer by JsMommy2010 at 3:05 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Thank u
    Ninisopretty120

Comment by Ninisopretty120 (original poster) at 3:14 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• So I take it u 2 are separated? Do ya'll have 50 -50 custody or anything court ordered like child support?
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:21 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• we actually agreed on every otha weekend and if he doesnt follow through im going taking him to court. all we have now is a notirized paper with out agreement
    Ninisopretty120

Comment by Ninisopretty120 (original poster) at 3:24 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I would take him to court and get a custody agreement set up there. It's not wrong of you to stop contacting him, as long as he knows how to get a hold of you if he wants to.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:24 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• It depends on what your reason for doing it is. If your baby wants his daddy, you have to put your personal feelings aside. (I know that's not easy) Just make sure that what ever your are doing you are doing for the right reason and that is for your child. You can never be wrong by doing that. One thing I've learned is that you can NOT change someone else. (trust me I've tryed several times) They have to want to change. Hopefully some day he will. In the mean time make sure you never say bad things about your babies daddy in front of him. Even if the things you want to say are 100% true. He will grow up to resent you if you do. The only thing you can do when he misses daddy is to hold him and tell him you are sorry. Some day he will figure it out on his own or maybe his dad will change. Either way you just make sure he knows that no matter what he will always have you and no matter what he is loved unconditionally.
    MoneyGirl-Mom

Answer by MoneyGirl-Mom at 6:44 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• What he's supposed to? according to whom? If there's a support agreement from a court thats the ONLY thing he's required to do. You cant force anyone to spend time with their kid's. Even a visitation order can not force a parent to see the kid. I dont feel its wrong for you to NOT call him. If he wants to be a part of the kids life he will call or come by. If not? then move on. Sorry.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:20 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• thank u all alot. i feel so much better now.
    Ninisopretty120

Comment by Ninisopretty120 (original poster) at 10:22 PM on Mar. 23, 2011