How can a SAHM make some money (not just from home)?

I need some money, I want to work. I have an AA in Business Administration. But, I care for my son about 55-60 hours a week while DH is working. I need to find a job outside of DH work hours and a job from home. Any ideas?

lmt_mom2010

Asked by lmt_mom2010 at 3:50 AM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Money & Work

• Yes I just started with a new company that I am very excited about. It is unlike most of the other work at home stuff that just pays you pennys here and there. This is a real opportunity to make real money and best of all it's completely free. There are no fees to get started or anything you have to purchace what so ever. Click on the following link you can watch a video there to see if it;s something you might be interested in. You can also sign up at the bottom if you want to get started right away. http://www.groupons.thecustomeradvantage.com Don't worry they will never share your information (see privacy policy on website) Let me know if you have any questions or need any help. You can contact me here or once you sign up you will have access to my outside email address and phone number. I hope this is helpful to you. Good luck sweetie
    MoneyGirl-Mom

Answer by MoneyGirl-Mom at 5:24 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Looks as though you are busy enough taking care of your son... Working from home does provide the flexibility of being able to care for your son and earn an income.... there are lots of opportunities so look around until you find something that suits your lifestyle... I think you have to believe in what you are doing to be really successful so do your due diligence. Here is website for you to look at http:www.a1health.max4u.com
    Message me if you would like to discuss further... and good luck whatever you decide... Donna

dabsbeauty

Answer by dabsbeauty at 5:40 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing and small business marketing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:11 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Seriously consider a home business. I wish I would have found my business when my kids were babies. I would have cherished the one or two nights out meeting new people after being home all day with kids. Stay with a company that offers a consumable product, one that is in line with timings and trends and one that there is a demand for. I would love to explain further about the company I am with. You can earn a few dollars a month or replace an income. Check out www.arbonne.com and my web site www.marywozniak.myarbonne.com. PM me and we can chat.
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 7:53 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I have a home based business and it's been great for me. I work when I want to and I have all the flexibility I need so that I never miss out on my family. I don't know what your interests are but I'm an Independent Distributor for Mia Bella's. I've been selling Mia Bella products for over 3 years. If you'd like to know more please feel free to message me!

Becky

http://www.howreb.scent-team.com/

how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 8:23 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I completely DISAGREE with pp I am a FT 24/7SAHM and I have an extremely successful biz from home. Within 2 mod I was making a FT income from home and now I even have an 9 1/2 ak old. We are very successful with Prepaid Legal services and its a biz that even hubby feels he is comfortable doing. We are even successful. Enough that we can often. Give. The. Biz. Kit away. If youwant more info just message me. We are statistically and financially top rated biz. With Forbes..Bbb..US cog and NYSE publicly traded
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 8:52 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I'm not sure if you would be interested, I am a demonstrator w/ Gold Canyon Candles and absolutely love it! I get to get out have fun, meet new friends and make money to provide for my family. W/ Gold Canyon there are so man ways to make the money you want, training is amazing, and our product sells itself. Inventory is not required or suggested. If you would like to hear more about this amazing opportunity and how you can start for free sent me a msg.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 10:34 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Lots of moms have great home based businesses and some of the opportunities above are good examplesI, but if home based business is not your thing and part of money making is an opportunity to get out you might want to try applying at a local cable company or phone company. The pay is usually pretty good and they often have customer service options on the weekends. If you are comfortable with the idea maybe you can find a mom who needs a sitter a few hours a week so you can be home and still make some cash. It is not the gig for me at all, but newspaper delivery is a very early job that you can take on and while its not going to be as lucrative as other options the pay isn't that bad. Also, often hotels have jobs that offer evening hours for front desk or concierge type positions, the pay is not super high but most chain hotels offer some really cool travel discounts as a perk. Good luck!
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 12:41 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I work from home and I love it! I am a stay at home Mommy to my 3½ year old son, and 2 year old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! Weekly pay! Free website, training, and unlimited support!!
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping Families Achieve Their Goals Since 1999!

Visit my website to get all the details.
    www.OurCEOMom.com

Get to know our team on Facebook: www.LikeInternetCEOMoms.com
    We are the largest group of Women working from Home online!
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 12:46 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I'm a gift basket consultant for La Bella Baskets and I pretty much recruit and still making an income:-) If you like more info, p.m. for more info on what La Bella Baskets offers. You are not pressured to sell, but the gift baskets sell and we are going residual in 2 months soon:-)

Best of luck to you!
    I love this business!! The only successful business I have had! Done it all!!:-) *hugs* Jen
    uniquemom30

Answer by uniquemom30 at 1:03 PM on Mar. 23, 2011