Mirena

How long did you bleed after the insertion of mirena? Do you like it as your form of birth control??

sydash11

Asked by sydash11 at 5:11 AM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Health

• I love the marina, I got mine put in last june. The doc told me some girls have there normal period the hole 5 yrs and others slowly stop there period. How long have u had it in for? I usually just spot Now but occasionally I have a full period. Sometimes ur body just needs to flush it's self
    sarahandmark09

Answer by sarahandmark09 at 5:56 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• i bleed for like a month, i like it. Had it for 3 years. Although sometimes when i am PMSing, it feels like i am pregnant. I'll have morning sickness sometimes, then when my period comes it's gone. that happens only sometimes, not often.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:24 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I bled for the entire 6 months I had it, clots too. I finally had it removed about 6 1/2 months after insertion. I never had a full period and was either spotting or full on bleeding the ENTIRE time.

I hated it. I gained 60 lbs, my hair fell out, I had horrible migraines and patchy dry skin. That thing was super evil to me.

Seriously, the moment the doctor took it out I was SO happy.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 7:06 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I liked the mirena, light periods, I had it for about 4 months - then we decided to try to get pregnant again.
    THE PROBLEM - was that I had it inserted tooooo close after my c-section and as my uterus healed it closed around the mirena - I had to have sugery to have it removed, after trying to remove it in-office 3 times. I'm just glad we decided to try to get pregnant again and I had it removed when I did, because I could have gotten pregnant - if I didn't want to - bc it can't work from IN my uterus - and that would have caused a miscarriage. It was a random incident and I have a very good doctor. I just put it in too soon after c-section.
    Tiffany8168

Answer by Tiffany8168 at 7:13 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I only bled for a few weeks after insertion. After that, I had regular periods for about 2.5 years, and very light, very short, but still regular periods for the remainder of the time it was in. Never had any problems with it, other than it caused my skin to be spottier than normal. I had it in for a little over 4 years. We just recently chose to have it removed not because it was causing problems, but because we're trying for a second child.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 8:31 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I bleed for like 2 wish. I think the mirena us awwsome ive been having it for almost 5 years and no period us awesome
    MissMonica245

Answer by MissMonica245 at 11:54 AM on Mar. 23, 2011