Are you concerned about the melamine found in US Infant formula?

I am. I am more concerned the FDA i s downplaying it and not releasing the name of the company. http://tinyurl.com/5nd2rl

KnoxvilleDoula

Asked by KnoxvilleDoula at 10:59 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• "It would be a dangerous overreaction for parents to stop feeding formula"-If you stop buying formula the sucky economy would get worse.

"They should not change the diet. If they've been feeding a product, the should continue with that product"-Don't want the economy to fail at the risk of all these babies.

"So far they are trace amounts and from a public / infant health perspective, we consider those to be perfectly fine"-I wonder how all the parents feel about that.

"FDA scientists can't set an acceptable level of exposure in formula because science hadn't had enough time to understand the effects on infants underdeveloped kidney's"-Right, but they asure the public levels of melamine consistute trace amounts which are safe even though they can't determine a "safe" level.

Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 10:55 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• im not personally because i will NOT give that crap to my baby. BUT i am pretty sure the FDA knows about it. they just dont care because they make so much mula.
    Anonymous

• Well, I'm glad you don't, but you know some babies have to have it, me, for instance-- I was adopted. Let's not get into a breastfeeding/formula debate ladies.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 11:04 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I'm concerned about ALL of the crap going on in our world and into our food that our government would like us not to know about.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 11:13 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• very concerned. even though my kids are grown I worry about all the little ones taking formula.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 11:20 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Ditto to the crap -- someone in a group I'm in said a mom feeds her 10 month old Pedialyte EVERY DAY just because. Because why? It has SPLENDA and food dyes in it!! OMG!
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 11:34 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I found this at

http://mobile.mediacomtoday.com/news/national.php?display=story&article=D94M8T7G1&pd=20081125

The three firms _ Abbott Laboratories, Nestle and Mead Johnson _ manufacture more than 90 percent of all infant formula produced in the United States.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:53 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I for one am sick of the slacking FDA, they are in it for the money so why the hell should any of us trust them. Every other day we here of something else that causes cancer or other stuff. I is just getting old

My first two were bottle fed and my third is only breast, so I am not an extremist btw
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Thank God I had a Boobie MAN!!
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 2:38 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I am horrified at it. My son is two and he had formula that I gave him. I did not have an option to breast feed. My child is 2 now and has all kinds of medical issues. One has to wonder if it came from the forumla or other products that were manufactured by these companies. I hate Nestle anyways. They deliberately are killing infants in Africa, have been for years. I haven't bought any products associated with them in a while. It is a horrible company to support.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:06 AM on Nov. 26, 2008