Bed times and Wake ups?

My 4 year old and almost 2 year old both go to bed at 8 pm ever night. But they tend to be up around 4 am, sometime 5 am every morning. Most of the times my almost 2 year old is waiting for daddy to get up before she even makes a sound. Then she pops up, cries until she's taken out although she can climb out, which makes for a very grumpy daddy.

Is this a typical wake up time for going to bed at 8 pm?

I know I can not be the only one with super early risers. This frustrates my stbx far more than myself. Is there any way I can get them to sleep in till 6 am?

isabellalecour

Asked by isabellalecour at 6:37 AM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Im with you, my 4yr old goes to bed at 7:30, but doesnt fall out until 8:30 and gets up at 4am. He does not take naps either! Im exhausted, Im not a morning person at all. I would say to cut out naps if you havent, its worth a try.
    momofone221

Answer by momofone221 at 7:29 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• My 4 year old goes to bed at 8:30 and gets up at 6:30 for school, my 2 year old goes to bed at 8:30-9ish depends, and she will sleep til 10 or later the next morning and this is even with her 4 older sisters making all kind of noise while getting ready for school, I don't have a secret expect she sleeps in Pj's at night and my older girls didn't . they were all early risers.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 7:55 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• My 2 yo goes to bed at 7:30 pm and sleeps until 7:30 am usually. Last night he woke up at 5:30 (extremely unusual, but he didn't get his nap b/c he went on a daytrip with his gparents yesterday). I told him it was still dark, time to sleep, so he went back to bed.
    With my oldest, he went through a stage like this and I wouldn't let him out of his room until the sun was starting to come up and there was light. I would go in there and lay with him, but he had to stay in his room. It didn't take long until he would stay in there by himself and started sleeping later.

Answer by missanc at 8:18 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• My 4 year old is in bed by 8:30 every night, and pretty much falls asleep right away. On days we work, I wake her around 6. On days we're off, she wakes herself between 7 and 8 most of the time. But she's like me, she loves her sleep.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 8:27 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• my 3 year old rarely takes naps anymore, but if she does fall asleep then she tends to not go to sleep at night and then when she finally does she is up way early in the morning.

My oldest is in all day kindergarden (6 years next month) my youngest just turned 3 so they go to bed at 830pm and then I wake them to get my oldest ready for school at 7, but on the weekends when there is no school I pretty much let them stay up until 10pm and then my oldest sleeos until close to 930 and my youngest will wake anywhere from 730-830 or a little later just depends.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:37 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• My 3.9 year-old DD goes to bed at 8:30, but doesnt go to sleep until about 9:15 (they take a 1.5 hour nap at pre-school -UGH) and she gets up about 7 a.m. On weekends, she stays up til 10 p.m. and gets up about 8 a.m.
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 9:53 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• my 5 year old daughter goes to bed around 8pm every night and gets up around 7 everyday. She does not usually take naps during the day.
    ford44

Answer by ford44 at 5:00 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Speaking of naps, that doesn't seam to make a difference. My almost 2 year old will just fall out where she plays and my 4 year old wakes up no later than 5 am if she's had a nap or not. I prefer her to have naps still as she can get super grumpy when she doesn't have one.

I'm with you, momofone221, I'm not a morning person either. But I'm making do!
    isabellalecour

Comment by isabellalecour (original poster) at 7:39 AM on Mar. 23, 2011