Feeding a 10 month old meat?

I am starting to feed my baby boy meat because he doesn't seem to be gaining wait anymore, but he is still doing well as now he is finally pulling himself up to standing and is learning to walk. Any suggestions about how much he should be eating a day? Sometimes he doesn't want his milk anymore and all that he really wants is baby food and bread rolls (rarely). Please help! Thanks!

amandallamas

Asked by amandallamas at 11:01 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My kids were all eating pretty much all table foods by 10 months. They all also had alot of teeth by 10 month and could chew foods better. You can feed him the baby food strained meats or even the gerber hot dog thingies.... they're really soft.The book i have from my peditricians office says strained meats are usually introduce at about 6 months......so i think you will be fine.....only YOU know what is best for YOUR baby!!
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 11:10 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• You shouldn't feed a 10 month old meat just start the baby off with soft things like mashed potatos,yogurt,veggies,or pasta stuff like that.
    Melissa561

Answer by Melissa561 at 11:05 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• is it baby food? id consult with your doctor for the correct answer.
    irishgrrl808

Answer by irishgrrl808 at 11:08 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• My son is 9 1/2 months and has been eating meat for about a month and a half now. I try to give him 1 jar of baby food with meat in it everyday. He doesn't like the actual meat so I had to give it to him in those "meals". My son is also going through a phase where he won't eat alot of formula and only seems to want a couple different kinds of baby food. I don't know what else to tell you other than it might be a phase and it might not.
    BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 11:08 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Also at 10 months old formuld should no longer be the primary source of nutrition. So if he is not wanting it he will be fine!!
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 11:12 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• If you are worried about the consistency of meat, buy a baby food grinder. They can make even steak mushy enough for a baby to eat! My kids would never eat the baby food "meals" just the fruits and veggies, so this worked great when we were ready to add more protein and less formula to their diets.

Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 11:15 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• uhhh.... all babies really NEED for the first full year is breastmilk or formula.... everything else is to teach them how to eat with new tastes and textures.... so really it's up to you... if you feel he needs more than what his formula provides then give him meats.... and green veggies.... start with one can AFTER a bottle/nursing..... that way they are still getting the right amt of vitamins... their little bodies can't absorb all the nutirents from real food as well untill after they are a year old.... they absorb the calories .... so it tends to lead to overwieght-malnutioned toodlers.....
    BabyDio

Answer by BabyDio at 11:18 PM on Nov. 25, 2008