I took a test and it had a very faint line...So I took a digital and it said NOT PREGNANT

Could it still be to early since the line on the other one was so faint? Or am I not pregnant. I plan to take another with my FMU. But wanted to get other opinions...

Marah2008

Asked by Marah2008 at 11:01 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Most likely the original test was more sensitive than the digital one.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 11:03 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Did you take the digital test right after the first one? Because your HCG levels will be highest in your first urine of the morning. So that could explain why the first test was positive and the second was negative. Regardless, false positives are extremely rare and generally caused by medications (hormones) or uterine cancer. So if you got a positive test, no matter how faint, then you're pregnant, mama.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 11:04 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• It could go either way!!! (obviously) LOL!!! I have never used one of the digital ones. But i know when i have used the oned with the lines and there was even any kind of line, faint or bold.....it was always right!!!!! Good luck and maybe congratulations!!!
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 11:05 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Maybe it was a evap line? I just dont want to get my hopes up. I didnt take them right after the other. But the first one was really hard to see but was definitely there. I asked a second opinion and she said she saw it so Im just confused. I also heard that you can test with FMU or you can wait 6-8 hours to go pee and you cant drink hardly anthing. No more than 8 ounces. Is that true?
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 11:07 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• The reason they tell you to use FMU is because the HCG is more concentrated in it, so long as you aren't up peeing all night lol. So, not drinking and holding a few hours accomplishes the same basic thing.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 11:10 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• If you read the results of the first test within the ten minute time frame, it shouldn't be an evaporation line. Test again in the morning and see what you get. :-)
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 11:11 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Digital ones register around 50-80 HGC hormones while many other brands register 20-50 HGC.... look up HGC levels in tests and see where yours rank... then you might be able to tell which test would be right???
    BabyDio

Answer by BabyDio at 11:11 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I just looked it up and the ept was 25 and the clearblue digital was 50. So the ept is more accurate...so maybe it IS to early for that one.
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 11:17 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I was going to mention evap lines...

When I was pregnant, I had the two pink lines thing, but it wasn't very convincing! My sister-in-law gave me one of her's to try, and I got a very clear plus sign right away (and that was not taken with the FMU).
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 12:30 AM on Nov. 26, 2008