Dollar store pregnancy test.

I've missed my period by 3 days. I took a dollar store test this morning and i'm pretty sure it was negative. I have pregnancy signs but i dont want to get too excited because i know they are almost the same as how i feel right before i get a period. The dollar store test does say. "wait UNTIL you miss your period." could it just be that this test isnt able to pick up enough of the horomone. should i go buy a more expensive test. or should i wait another 2 or 3 days to buy the more expensive test to be extra sure. its really killing me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:58 AM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I used that test, so did my dd and I used mine I know around 5 days before I was due for my cycle with my last child. I knew I was probably pregnant so I went ahead and tested and it was positive. If it is showing negative I would wait until the day you are due to start your cycle and try again I guess.

Answer by gemgem at 8:01 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• i am 3 days late
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:02 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Then I dont know. Wait a bit longer and see. I had an ectopic pregnancy and that was the only one that never showed on a urine test. I would wait and if you still dont get your cycle go see a doctor when you can. You will know either way in the next few days. Good luck.

Answer by gemgem at 8:03 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I used a dollar store test to confirm my last pregnancy on the day my period was due. If you got a negative then I would wait a week and try again. No need to spend tons of money on expensive tests.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 8:03 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• The cheap test and the dollar store test are basically the same. One is VERY pricey and one is not. But they both test for the same thing. Wait a few more days and be sure to test first thing in the morning.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:06 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I'd just wait and try again in a couple days. Use your first pee of the day and don't bother with the more expensive tests. Good luck!
    DanielleDes

Answer by DanielleDes at 8:11 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• It depends on your money situation. If you can afford it, go buy another. If you are stressed, it could delay your period. You also could go to a free clinic to be tested. I believe the are different types of pregnancy tests; some for early testing, some for when you are late. I'm not sure what type the dollar store was. I know how hard it is to stew on stuff, minutes seems like hours.
    tastymama

Answer by tastymama at 8:18 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I took a dollar test 3 days before I was due for my period and it said negative. Then 5 days later I took and expensive test and said it was positive. Then acouple weeks later I took a dollar store (cuse I was having a hormonal moment, I thought I had false positive but didn't want to spend the money if I was being silly) and it was positive. So I would just wait and try again if your period doesn't come in 5 days.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 8:34 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• thanks you liamsmom..this is the kind of answer i was hoping to get.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:36 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I would wait. Those tests are just as accurate as the expensive ones. I am guessing that your hormone levels arent high enough.
    lilahsmommie

Answer by lilahsmommie at 12:30 PM on Mar. 23, 2011