Can a 'ghost' be created?

In 1972 in Toronto, Canada a group of Parapsychologists, directed by an expert in the field of poltergeists named Dr A.R.G. Owen, embarked of an unusual challenge which was to Literally create a ghost...

http://www.time-loops.net/nostradamus/Experiment_Philip.htm

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 8:19 AM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I do not believe in "ghosts" as being lost souls-so to me this is a scientific rather than a religious question-

If you are asking if its possible to create a soul- my answer would be no- a soul is not a material thing and can not be created-IMO

Could they have created a "ghost" as in an energy form that looks and acts like a phantom type being- then its possible- although I would think it would be more of something a PHD in physics or something like that would be more capable of than a paranormal expert-but who knows- maybe they are both-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 7:36 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• That "experiment" is a complete joke. It sounds like a bunch of people on an acid trip (it was 1972).
    mommy2myles

Answer by mommy2myles at 10:11 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Seems to me a person with a soul needs to die before his time to be able to create a ghost. But thats just my opinion. Interesting question though.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:20 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• i do believe you can see a persons spirit after they've passed. however, i also believe some people can make themselves see things that arent there from wanting to see them so badly
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:33 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• shay,  perhaps wanting it badly enough makes one able to tap into something from within that enables you to actually manifest it. I wonder if that is what happens with those who say they see or hear God, ghosts and so on.

IhartU

Comment by IhartU (original poster) at 8:42 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• No, you can't create a Ghost. You CAN create a mass of energy, but a ghost? No.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:09 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• That all depends on your definition of a 'ghosts' sabrina. I don't believe a ghost is the lost soul of a once living person because I don't believe in the soul. I believe we ARE energy and when we die, our physical bodies decay but our energy returns to nature- the world around us. If that energy that remains is strong enough, it can manifest and/or be manipulated to create what we call ghosts/poltergeists and so on.

IhartU

Comment by IhartU (original poster) at 9:15 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• i was watching the show The Doctors the other day...and one of the doctors was talking about sleep deprivation. how you can have hallucinations (such as ghosts) going into sleep or coming out of sleep..this made me have second thoughts about my beliefs in ghosts because i do suffer from this.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:16 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I don't believe a ghost is the lost soul of a once living person because I don't believe in the soul. I believe we ARE energy and when we die, our physical bodies decay but our energy returns to nature- the world around us. If that energy that remains is strong enough, it can manifest and/or be manipulated to create what we call ghosts/poltergeists and so on.

--

Interesting stuff! This ^ is similar to what I think about it as well. Since I don't believe in a soul, I tend to lean toward the possibility that they manifested this phenomena themselves. @Shay--yes, sleep deprivation--especially long term, can do crazy stuff to us!
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 10:10 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• shay, perhaps wanting it badly enough makes one able to tap into something from within that enables you to actually manifest it. I wonder if that is what happens with those who say they see or hear God, ghosts and so on.
    ----------------------
    Um..no, that's not what's happening when we hear from the Lord. It's not an audible voice we hear. It's His Spirit speaking to our spirit. Sometimes I have received guidance this way; like when making a decision to move or something like that. There have been times when I've heard from the Lord and it wasn't very pleasant because it was something I didn't want to hear--like when our children don't want to hear what we have to say.
    As for your question, no, I don't believe a ghost can be created.

popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 10:59 AM on Mar. 23, 2011