What do I do for my brother after a miscrage

My brother and his girlfriend were 10 weeks along and just lost the baby. What can I do for them. I know I can't make it better, but I don't even know what to say to them.

Amber1109

Asked by Amber1109 at 11:20 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Health

• Just let them know you love them and are there if they need anything. Everyone grieves differently, so just follow their lead. It might be nice to send some flowers or a nice card if you feel so inclined.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 11:22 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• let them talk about! Loosing a baby takes a long time to get over....I lost 2. I am still not over it and probably never will be. Alot of people will never understand what its like to have a miscarriage! But alot will also!! Just be there for them! Let them cry.... it is a BIG deal.....even though alot of people think its not (not saying you are one of them)!
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 11:25 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Ugh... miscarriages are so hard!!! And everyone deals with them differently... I have had seven. :( And the first few were rocky, but I almost got used to it. It would just be a numb point. My best friend had one not too long ago, and she kind of went off the deep end. Its important to not try to be "selective" around them. That would drive me crazy... I know its sad, but I know other people are going to be pregnant and going to deliver healthy babies. Sugar coating things doesnt make me feel any better...
    adoptivemommy24

Answer by adoptivemommy24 at 11:49 PM on Nov. 25, 2008