Has anyone made good money being a mystery shopper?

What compines are the highes paid? And how much did you average a month doing shops?

AIndependentMom

Asked by AIndependentMom at 8:33 AM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Money & Work

• I would love to try, but I can't find one that isn't a scam!
    joanie70

Answer by joanie70 at 8:36 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• If there was one that was legit I would definitely try it out.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:42 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Once I check my old email account i can give you names of a few.. You will not make good money no.. pocket money at best but you go to malls anyway, might as well make 20 bucks will you are there. You can count on this income, it comes and goes a few shops a month at best. You do make better money doing the credit card shops at the airport kiosks. Only you know what is worth it for you. I will try to get to my email before the day is out.
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 9:32 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Servicecheck.com and mysteryguestinc.com you can try those.
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 10:59 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I have done mystery restaurant shops through Goodwin & Associates. Most of these are small part time gigs. For restaurant shops the company I work with reimburses you a certain amount by either check or via paypal that it offered after you fill out a form. Most of the time it covers dinner and not much more, but it is an excuse to go out on the town and have some fun and get reimbursed for it. Keep in mind that on top of doing the actual shop you usually have to fill out a pretty lengthy survey so with most shops its not even minimum wage at the end of the day, but the good news is that you do it within a convenient time frame and mostly from home.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 12:30 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I have found 2 that are legit but by the time you pay gas its not worth it! So I researched more and found what I am doing now..in home designer jean parties..its brands new so huge ground level opportunity
    designerjeans4u

Answer by designerjeans4u at 1:05 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Unless you can do two or three at the same time, you will not make much money; just an occasional free Starbucks or free movie

Answer by rkoloms at 2:55 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I would love to be a mystery shopper but no idea how to go about doing it
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:13 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I actually started my own. Here is an article I find useful: How to Start Your Own Mystery Shopping Service

I recommend it because there is a wide open market that we all forget about with this type of business and this article contains it!!!  Good luck.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:59 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Im a mystery shopper, the poster aboveis right, you need to make it a job to make good money, so if you normally work 4-8 hours, shop for 4-8 hours.

You need to be organized and keep your calender ful on your working days. There is good money to be made. I wrote about myexperience at HomeCareerSuccess.com
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 8:13 AM on Mar. 24, 2011