What would you do...

I just watched an old episode of Roseann this morning, the one she just won the lotto. Got me wondering....what would you do if you won the lotto? How would you react? How do you think your friends and family would react or treat you? Roseanne took the family for ice cream, what would be the first thing you did with the money?

joanie70

Asked by joanie70 at 8:43 AM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Got a brand new car!!!!! For me and my immediate family++++++++++++.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 8:44 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I think I might have to go to the ER, cause the shock of winning that much $$ would cause a stroke or heart attack. The first thing Id do is call our financial planner and get a sit down meeting. Id give family $$ and set up trusts for the nieces and nephews. THEN, like the SC pastor who won like 257 million Id set up a college trust fund but mine would be for WHITES only because the SC pastor who did this same thing, his trust is for African Americans ONLY. Then Id create a foundation to help the poor and homeless here in my state. One that would teach job and life skills to them at no cost so they could better themselves, no matter what race they were.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:48 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I'd stick it all in savings...We've got 4 kids to put through college, plus retirement to save for.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 8:51 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• When it finally sank in I would probably make plns to finish paying off my house. Then go right into making sure DS had a college fund set up.As for my DH 's family they probably wouldn't treat us any diffrent. Maybe a few jokes about who we were going to buy the first car for. My side however I am sure I would hear from a few siblings in the first time in a long time for so money.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 8:54 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I think I would donate some of the money to our school district for better Special Ed teachers, well not better but better taught for the different issues our children have. Then I would pay off my house and cars then take my kids and grand daughter to Disney World. Then separate some out for college funds for my kids and my grand daughter. (if there was anything left over from that I wold take my love, my best friend and cousin (bf's husband) some place faraway from snow and get married.
    Leeli12410

Answer by Leeli12410 at 9:03 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Buy a house and 2 decent cars (ok better than decent, i would probably buy my 1 splurge a Jag) my dh says he would buy a nice car for each kid. If it were enough to live on forever, i would set up a charitable foundation and become a philanthropist. If it was less than a TON of money the foundation would become an account and I would invest in a business and set up a real retirement account.
    pammomof9

Answer by pammomof9 at 10:03 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I'd pay off our house, remodel the house get a decent car & help my mom and put the rest in savings.
    downsznmomof4

Answer by downsznmomof4 at 10:05 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Set back my 8 month emergency fund, college funds for my 2 boys, pay off mine and Dh's debts, fix what we had wronged, buy us each a new vehicle, put the money into roth IRAs, CDs, and savings. We would borrow against the CDs to buy a huge place out by Cody, WY, raise cattle and horses, and hire a few hands to help.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 10:05 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Oh YEAH!!! I would also bring Nadia and her two children over to save them from the yemeni culture and get them on track to a better life. I would pay Alliah's dad what ever he wanted so I could adopt the pregnant 13yo girl and help her raise her child here!! Then set up a nonprofit org to help abused Muslim women looking to convert.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 10:09 AM on Mar. 23, 2011