Anyone else deeply love their partner but are not turned on by them?

quietmo

Asked by quietmo at 8:48 AM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• http://www.asexuality.org/home/

If you have never experienced sexual attraction, then the above site may be for you.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 9:47 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• My husband and I have been married for more than 46 years, and this has not been a problem. I would suspect that there is a reason why this would be the case, and it is probably not physical.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:51 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Sorry I am still deeply in love and very much turned on by him after 17 1/2 years of marriage.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 8:50 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• to be completely honest with you, YES! and i really hate to even admit that but sadly it is the truth. i still love him to death and he is a great father but i just dont get turned on by him anymore...if you wanna talk feel free to pm me..
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 8:53 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Yep.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:05 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• No, if I weren't turned on by him I would really feel that something missing from our marriage. I would encourage you to buy some books, figure out why he doesn't turn you on anymore and try to put some romance back in to your marriage.

Answer by missanc at 9:06 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

•  we are deeply in love and are turned on by each other and have been married for 13 years(Anniversary is the 26th of March)

Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:06 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Still deeply in love and extremely turned on by my boyfriend, even when all I have right now is his voice to listen to over the phone.
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 8:58 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I don't think it's necessarily a big problem, I think you need to spice it up a little. Buy some books and look into some new things, I'm sure it will all come flooding back.
    kayalouise

Answer by kayalouise at 9:02 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I would encourage you to buy some books, figure out why he doesn't turn you on anymore and try to put some romance back in to your marriage.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Doesn't turn me on "anymore"? He never did. I fell for his personality hook line and sinker though. So, as for "put some romance back in to your marriage.", it's well and truly there already and always has been. It amuses me how people are so hooked on great sex and the myth that it's vital that they can't grasp some are happy with little or dire sex within their excellent marriages.
    quietmo

Comment by quietmo (original poster) at 9:45 AM on Mar. 23, 2011