How much do you think car insurance would be...

I am 26 years old I have never had a car or been on anyones insurance and was just trying to get an idea of how much it would be....I will be getting a used car prob a 2000-2005 and just trying to get an idea of what it would be like. THanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Shopping

• OK well it really depends on a lot of things!!
    1) What state you live in!

2)What is the sex of the driver?
    ~I say this because i lived in Cali and my insurance was like $200 more then my big brothers who was just 3 months old(Dad man Whore)
    3) What company you choose for insurance!

Hope that helps!!
    Manda725

Answer by Manda725 at 1:26 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• The General, insurance advertises only $59. a month for minimum coverage. For full time you have to go to a Big company and the rates matter as to where you live, what you drive, your age, and Even your credit score. Just call around to get quotes. They are free.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:54 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• It all depends on where you live, what kind of car you are driving, for some states, how long you've been driving, etc. And you won't be able to get a firm quote without the car.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:59 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• In my experience it is cheaper getting quotes online. Some of the bigger companies offer discounts when ordering online, because it is less work for them. But to be safe you could compare quotes online, pick the best offer and try a local agency to see if they can match it or do better.

I recommend this site for online comparing: http://www.quotes-center.com/auto-insurance-calculator

elize964

Answer by elize964 at 11:04 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• If you contact Progressive, they will compare there rate to other companies, If you haven't had insurance before or been listed as a driver on a policy, you'll probably have to go into the assigned risk pool. That is for new driver's for people that haven't had insurance in their name or been listed as a driver...not sure what state you are in and what the requirements are....Good luck
    Onmyown2727

Answer by Onmyown2727 at 5:59 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I pay like 50 a month. I use to pay like 150 with progressive. It guess it just vaires.
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 12:12 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Don't have it. It's such a scam.....
    TwilightMack

Answer by TwilightMack at 6:46 PM on Mar. 31, 2011