My soon to be MIL used to love me, then I got pregnant and she still liked me...but then when my fiance and I got engaged she HATED me, all because I didnt name our daughter after her..we are getting married in 10 days and she is not excited at all for us..i am afraid she will ruin our wedding! What do I do?!?!?!

lilynchloes_mom

Asked by lilynchloes_mom at 3:37 PM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Relationships

• First off she got the chance to name the kids that came out of her vagina so now you get the chance to name the ones that come out of yours. If she doesnt like it she should have named one of her own after her. As for the wedding day tell the soon to be hubby that you are seriously worried of her doing something horrible and that he Must talk to her about being at the least respectful to ALL in attendance Including the Bride!!!!
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 6:37 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Elope?
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 3:41 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Don't let her ruin your day. She is being immature, sadly. So just enjoy your day ignore her little tantrum that she is having hopefully she will get over it...
    Cecilia77

Answer by Cecilia77 at 4:49 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• The MIL will look mighty stupid at the reception if she says anything about you to any of the guests, now won't she? She is petty and immature and sounds like she will be a handfull with your marriage. You can try and head this off by talking to her about it. Or just let her keep on being petty. Problems dont go away on their own. They need to be worked out.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:24 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I think I too would try the talking to her option. Ask her why she is upset that you didn't name your daughter after her (this will cause her to have to answer, and probably look foolish).  By all means don't let her ruin your wedding!! It is your day, and she will have no say in it, so just go about your business, be nice, and respectful, but don't dwell on negativity!!

tlsteinbeck

Answer by tlsteinbeck at 6:36 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Just remember this day is for you and your fiancee. It is too bad that she is acted that way one day she will regret it. Don't let her spoil your day...
    Anonymous