Can you have an ectopic pregnancy...

without vaginal bleeding?

jennifercalling

Asked by jennifercalling at 9:33 AM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I think so, it is in the ovary, so vaginal bleeding might not occur! A sonogram is the only way to tell, before it ruptures.. good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:36 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Yes. Any vaginal bleeding is actually internal bleeding leaking out and is a deeper red/purple. I had an ectopic and had internal bleeding and it was nothing like what you would think would come out down below. In fact by the time you start bleeding your life is at risk. You need to look for signs of an ectopic pregnancy and have a vaginal ultrasound to know if you have one.

Answer by gemgem at 9:45 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Yes. I had an ovairian ectopic and because I was not bleeding they didn't think I was pregnant. The ultrasound showed a slight amount of internal blood making them think it was a burst cyst. A month land 2 Dr visits later my ovary burst and I almost bled to death. Dr said my HCG was sky high. DUH I should have sued.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:55 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Ectopic is in the falopian tube, NOT in the ovary. And yes, you can have an ectopic without bleeding. If you think you have one, get to your doctor immediately.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Ectopic is actually anywere other than the uterus, but most generally in the tubes. I had one and did start bleeding shortly after we found out I was pregnant.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 10:40 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I had an Ectopic pregnancy and had no bleeding. Every pregnancy test I took came back negative, and the Dr. I saw at that time wouldn't do an ultrasound. The day my pregnancy test came back positive, was the day that my falopian tube ruptured! I was going on 14 weeks pregnant. I had a lot of internal bleeding, that was filling up my lungs and slowly killing me. I would strongly suggest that you use your instincts and get to a dr's office ASAP and have a vaginal ultrasound done. Dr's don't know our bodies like we do!
    kdunker

Answer by kdunker at 11:01 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Yes. If you think you have one, go to your dr asap!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 12:27 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I had an ectopic and had no bleeding at all, just pain that got worse and worse until I couldn't stand up straight.
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 1:52 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Yes, but I would imagine bleeding would start soon.
    Samanthamommy

Answer by Samanthamommy at 5:55 PM on Mar. 23, 2011