First pregnancy should i be worried about giving birth early?

How early was your baby your first pregnancy or were you on your due date?

I am a small girl havent gained alot of weight so far and 25 weeks on friday should i expect to go all the way to 40 weeks or sooner ?

advice please no bashing please

AliciaLamoreux

Asked by AliciaLamoreux at 9:51 AM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• No first pregnancy generally means late birth and long labor. I think you got it backwards. Both my boys were late! Good luck, don' worry about it!
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 9:52 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Most first babies are a little late, unless you can only carry to a certain weight.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 9:53 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• oops not don worry, i meant don't worry! sorry
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 9:53 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I've heard that most first time moms go past their due date, but everyone is different. I had to have an emergency c-section at 36 weeks, so I don't really know from personal expereince. I would think this is something every first time mom worries about, and I wouldn't really let it bother you.
    PhoenixsMommy10

Answer by PhoenixsMommy10 at 9:53 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I was induced 1 wk early due to preeclampsia..
    But typically if you have a "normal" pregnancy -- you will actually be late.. As your first pregnancy your body is having to "learn"what to do for the first time & in general everything goes a lil slower. (ur belly most likely showed later in pregnancy. labor will start late. it will generally be a bit slower -- but dont let that scare u!)

My best advice-- Keep healthy! Do not eat fast food. Eat as many veggies/fruit as u can... and keep moving & strong! :-)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:09 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• My 1st prenancy went to 41 1/2weeks and yes I knew when I got pregnant cuz I was on injecttions. I would not worry about your weight unless the Dr says something about it. I only gained 25lbs with most of that being in the last trimester. I am ashamed to say that toward the end I was put on patrial bedrest cuz of high blood pressure and was not as careful about my diet. (all of my pregnanct weight was gone by 1week post-patrum. guess most of it was water retetion. ;)
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 10:37 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I was a little late with my first pregnancy so I was induced and delivery went really easy & well. I would try not to worry too much. Worry can cause more harm then good. Just enjoy every day of your Pregnancy! I am 26 weeks along with my second.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:42 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• My first was a week late. I don't think you'll deliver earlier unless it's medically necessary and you're induced.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 11:00 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• It varies with each pregnancy but I wouldnt count on going early.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 12:26 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• When in doubt look to your mom, or sister if you have a sister. If there is no family history of preterm labor, then you're more than likely going to be fine. Weight gain of 15-30 pounds is average. Again look at your own birth weight. Chances are good your baby will fall into the same range. My first was two days late.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:46 PM on Mar. 23, 2011