What kind of camera should I get?

I really need to upgrade my cheap digital camera, but I don't know where to start. I really don't want to spend more than $600. I'm not really looking for a professional type camera, just something to take decent pics of everyday things, like my kids. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

zackaroosmom

Asked by zackaroosmom at 9:53 AM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Technology

• Look at Canon And Nikon DSLR cameras. Both are easy to use and can be found for the price point you are looking.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:57 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I got a Samsung with all the bells and whistles for less than $200. Check out Computer City, Best Buy, Walmart Super Store...check out every big store you can, compare prices, then decide. The attachment with mine is able to connect the camera to the computer or plug into the wall. Either way charges it. Download is easy. I just haven't figured out the whole menu yet. lol
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 9:58 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• cannon
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 10:02 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I'm partial to Nikon's. I just bought the S6000 and it's the nicest I found that wasn't an SLR camera. The tech specs are pretty good for a point and shoot. I suggest doing your research, that's the best way to find the camera for you. Go to stores and test them out and play with them.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:19 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I got a Kodak at Wal-mart for $250.00. That been about three yrs ago. I love this camera. It take good pictures.
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 2:09 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I have a Nikon DSLR and it's awesome. The pictures are AMAZING.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:11 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Canon Rebel XSi or XTi would be a great start.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:12 PM on Mar. 23, 2011