Analog phone line? My husband's work is requiring a analog phone line?

We have digital phone service, but my husband needs an analog phone line for his work, can the install it while we have digital service? If we get out of digital phone service we will break our contract, and it is going to cost big bucks! I am clueless about technology! Thanks!

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 9:56 AM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Home & Garden

• We have analog service with 2 phone lines. One is bare bones, no frills. We even pay for local calls. It costs $16 per month. Work should pay if they require you to make a change.
    JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 10:19 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• You don't have to cx the service you already have, but he needs to have his company pay to install the second phone line!!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:59 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• It can be deducted from your income tax return as a business expense. I don't know what your DH does for a living. But, I know hospitals in my area require their doctors & nurses to have analog lines in their homes due to possible emergency event. If there was a catastrophe that took out power, the hospital requires a way to get a hold of all medical personnel. Hence, the analog line.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:00 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• http://www.sundance-communications.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/000839.html that although confusing will help you.... again I urge you to have the hubby talk to his boss, or for you to call your phone company and talk to them...they can explain it to you to where you can understand it.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 10:02 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Hun if I understand digital and analog correctly, what you have is fine....basically it's explained that they need a "home phone" instead of a cell phone...all the phone lines are the same, but digital makes it sound more important....get a phone, a phone cord and a phone that is connected to the base instead of a cordless.....if that doesn't make sense and your still confused tell hubby to talk to his boss..
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 10:00 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Analog - plain old fashioned phone line.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:25 AM on Mar. 23, 2011