I have twins, 2yrs old, who I am still nursing. I am trying to wean but they will NOT drink the milk. What can I do to get them to drink milk ?

They can not drink regular milk because of severe allergies, so I am trying soy milk. I know it is a little awkward tasting so I have tried to get them to drink the vanilla flavored and even tried putting strawberry syrup in it but still a no go with both.....frustrated...help.

vampkity13

Asked by vampkity13 at 10:00 AM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try rice milk or almond milk instead. Rice milk especially has a much milder flavor than soy.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:04 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Mixing pumped milk with whatever you're trying to introduce can help. Just keep adding less milk and more of the new thing over time. Goat milk is very close to human milk. It might be worth trying.
    JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 10:15 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Milk is not that important as long as they get their calcium and healthy fat from another source. Is it dairy that they are allegric to or just the milk?
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 10:27 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Dairy, eggs, slight reaction to some fruits......
    vampkity13

Comment by vampkity13 (original poster) at 10:34 AM on Mar. 23, 2011