mucus plug or yeast infection?

im 38 weeks on centemeter dilated 50% effaced and the baby is at a -2 i had some water that was clear and then some white stuff leak out and im not sure if it was my mucus plug or not i dont have any signs of a yeast infection but every one that i have asked told me that the mucus plug is suppose to have blood in it.do i ask my doctor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• how much of the clear stuff was there?
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 11:49 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• The plug does not have to have blood in it, neither of mine did. If you've had "water" leaking out then you should definitely get in touch with your doctor.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 11:49 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• there was more clear stuff then white stuff and not alot but i havent had any more water leak out.
    mckowntasha

Answer by mckowntasha at 11:52 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• My plug was whiteish. No blood at all. But the clear liquid... hmmm... was it a lot?
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 11:52 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• BlueFrogMama
    BlueF...
    My plug was whiteish. No blood at all. But the clear liquid... hmmm... was it a lot?

not really i have had more leak out at once and went up to l&d and they said it was just discharge even though it was clear.
    mckowntasha

Answer by mckowntasha at 11:56 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Well then I wouldn't worry about it. It may have been part of your plug, or it may have just been discharge. If you don't have any symptoms of a yeast infection (pain, itching, swelling) then there's no need to worry about that.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 12:50 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I would go see doc just to be sure, my friends water broke and she never even noticed her plug at all. Plus , instead of one big gush, she just leaked continuosly, which is what happens-you continue to leak a little bit.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:43 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Bearsjen
    Bears...
    I would go see doc just to be sure, my friends water broke and she never even noticed her plug at all. Plus , instead of one big gush, she just leaked continuosly, which is what happens-you continue to leak a little bit.

they have done a test though and it said that it wasnt amniotic fluid.they have done the test 2 times now.and they keep telling me to go in in i feel a gush or a trickle well what i have felt it more than a trickle when i do leak water out thats why i have gone in and its not amniotic fluid.
    mckowntasha

Answer by mckowntasha at 3:17 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• My plug was bright yellow. When my water broke (started leaking), I thought I had just totally lost all bladder control (except that I was urinating as much as I normally did, and my urine was yellow, and the fluid was clear). Are you wearing maxi pads? Are you having to change them frequently? Do you get big gushes here and there? As the day went on, my water took on a pinkish tinge. This sounds gross, but try sniffing it. If it smells sweet (as opposed to yeasty or even discharge-y), it's probably your water. It's worth calling your doc and maybe going in so they can test it. I had one false alarm before I went into labor, where I just had so much watery discharge, I was convinced it was my water. SO disappointing to go home without a baby! But when my water DID break, it was A LOT more water than that. I went through 3 pairs of shorts that day! LOL
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:07 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• it didnt smell like yeast but it didnt smell sweet either it was just there with no smell and i havent had any leak out today
    mckowntasha

Answer by mckowntasha at 11:30 PM on Nov. 26, 2008