She will not stop %^&*$(# WHINING!!!!!!!

she has been whining ever since she woke up, at EIGHT!!!!!!! WHAT IN GOD'S GREEN EARTH IS WRONG WITH HER???????? She whined for a lollipop, i refuse to give in, she won't have it, but she WILL NOT STOP F'N WHINING and it's driving me literally INSANE!!!!!! Like I want to go check myself into a mental hospital just to get away from HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is 2, and playing the role very well.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Go take a minute and lock yourself in the bathroom, wash your face, take a deep breath and count to 10...Tell her the whinning WILL stop or she can sit in time out and whine all she wants. Just try to relax! If you get worked up she will get more worked up! Good luck!
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 10:22 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• She is testing you to see if you will give in and give her what she wants.. Place her in her room and tell her she can come out when she is finished whining. Do this every time and she will learn no means no and no amount of whining will get her what she wants.. Stay calm, don't be harsh just be matter of fact to her.. Don't close the door, this is not a punishment.. It is a cooling off period for her.. Stay calm and strong mama :)
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:25 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• So sorry for what you are going thru, I hate when my morning starts that way. I wish I could give a great piece of advice but I am at a loss. I too just have to suffer thought it until she finds something to entertain herself.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 10:24 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I agree with JenzAmomof2
    StefInfection

Answer by StefInfection at 10:24 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• You are doing the right thing. Don't give in. She is testing you and so far, you are passing with an A+. Put on some music to drown out the whine.
    JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 10:27 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Is there a possibility that she doesn't feel good? Check for fever. Check her mouth for possible new teeth trying to come in. (molars) If not, put her back in bed until she quits whining. Tell her you don't hear her when she whines and she WILL NOT gets what she wants when whining.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 10:27 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• LOL< LOVELY MOTHERHOOD>

My daughter whines alot when she is getting sick. I hope this is not the case but I would keep an eye out on her. If it is not an all the time thing....

Good luck!!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:28 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• my son is 5 n he still whines 2 this day..i do give him time out n take away toys..he is the only child and i know i have spoiled him..i have created this now trying 2 let him know he cant have everything he wants if i listened to my husband earlier i probaly wouldnt have this problem but yes imma softy when it comes to him..but we working it out...relax, relate,release...
    cammay

Answer by cammay at 10:29 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Glad I'm not the only one who's 2 year old asked for a lollipop this morning! I also didn't give in. She had a string cheese instead. Good luck.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:30 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• When my Son acts like that, he is ususlly brewing a cold & has a sore throat. There probably is a reason why she is acting like that especially if she just woke up. I would give her a lolly, maybe her throat hurts. Try to keep calm & understand that they can't always express what is wrong. Just keep busy & turn on the TV & make her comfortable. Maybe give her a nice cold drink & snack she likes. GL
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:32 AM on Mar. 23, 2011