Why??

okay so for the longest time i wanted to tell my younger sister who is 19 to stop letting my mom mooch off her...my mom has a job but crys n wines about everything that she cant pay her bill blah blah im like well stop going to the casino then..i myself do not give in i know she is my mother n all but have my own bills n 3 kids to take care of..my sister also has 2 kids one that just got out of the childrens hospital from having surgery cuz when she was born her intestine was out of a hole in her belly..so that baby needs a lot of things that a healthy baby wouldnt but there is my sister feeling bad for our mom giving her money buyin her stuff all behind her mans back..then if he finds out they fight..i tell her well he does have a right to get mad. when its him working n ur giving it away like it grows on trees..would u give in to ur mom n buy or give her money u should be using on ur own family??

mommyof3_21

Asked by mommyof3_21 at 10:34 AM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• You need to sit her down and explain her children come first and reverse the roles would your mom go without because of helping her? Also tell her this is not her fight your mom is able to take care of herself she just choses not to .
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:40 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Tell sis that gambling is like alcoholism. It's a disease. She is enabling her mom to continue gambling as long as she knows someone else will help with the bills. Let mom learn the hard way that she needs to take control of herself and her money. If you have Alanon in your town, maybe sis should go a few times. She will learn about codependancy and how to handle your mom. There is also "tough love" programs. I know mom's an adult, but the rules can still apply. Sis needs to learn to say no before it's too late.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 10:43 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I would not give the mother money, but this is not your concern. Unless someone is asking you for money it is none of your business what sis does with her money.

dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 11:11 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• no not if she has a gambling probplem
    frances693

Answer by frances693 at 11:29 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• she needs to stop enabling your mother, your mother is a grown ass woman. Why don't you talk to your mother and tell to stop asking your little sister for money knowing full well that she has a sick child that needs her attention. and if your mother is using the money for gambling then you should tell her not to come looking for anymore. and pressure your sister more on this issue. and if your mother doesn't like it oh well too bad.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 3:05 PM on Mar. 23, 2011