How do you deal with a teething baby with diaper rash?

EricaLaShay1025

Asked by EricaLaShay1025 at 10:34 AM on Mar. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• Those 2 things always came together for us. They drool more which caused looser stools which caused diaper rash. Just use a lot of Balmex. Slap it on thickly at every changing.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:36 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• If your baby has a horrible diaper rash use corn starch on his bottom and all you can really do is give him infant tylenol drops to sooth his pain. Hopefully someone else has a better idea about teething.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 10:37 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Use Desitin on the babies bottom & Put a teether in the refrigerator to get cold & let them chew on it. You can use baby Orajel swabs to relieve the pain on the gums temporarily.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:38 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Diaper rash is a sign of teething at times. I have 5 kids and have used everything on the market for diaper rash and BAR NONE my favorite is called Pinxav, it works like nothing I have ever seen. http://www.pinxav.com/   Give Childrens Motrin for both relief of the rash and the anti-inflamatory affects for babies gums.  Good luck.  Oh the salve is usually behind the counter but no prescription needed. Just call the pharmacist to make sure they have it.  It really really works, they can order it if they don't have it in stock.  Try it you will never use anything else.

salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:38 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Sounds like you have your hands full, I feel for you. The teething can be helped with orajel, frozen teething ring and infants pain reliever. The diaper rash depends, if it is just the normal kind that they have had before, clean the area well, allow it to dry and apply some good diaper rash cream, I like Burt's Bees, it is a little more expensive, but it was worth it. If there are little blisters, it could be a yeast infection, yes, I said yeast infection. In that case, you need to take your little one to the pediatrician for a prescription ointment and probably antibiotics. I hope this helps and I hope your little one will soon be feeling better.
    Kelly502

Answer by Kelly502 at 10:39 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• orijel or teether and put babys bottom under luke warm water and let air dry. It helped my DS. Plus it saved on wipes. Seemed like the wipes make it worse. Also vaseline helped keep moisture away. But I would just do the luke warm water and air dr for now.
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 12:19 PM on Mar. 23, 2011