Babies raising babies....

ANYONE ELSE FEEL THIS WAY ??
This subject may be touchy for some but I feel the need to get some minds working overtime.. Don't get me wrong that teen girls have no idea what it is to raise a child or how hard they must have it. But why don't these girls ever think about the consinquences while having sex?? Like the girls on Maury who wants babies so badly that they are willing to sleep with anyone.. Now that is a new personal low. Or that a girl who wanted to have more kids just so she could stay on welfare. Okay I'm a long time tax payer and its not fair that some not all get freebies and watch their kids, while they get to run free and party on a Friday night. JMPOV

mom2hailie

Asked by mom2hailie at 12:01 AM on Nov. 26, 2008 in General Parenting

• wow, well i'm a young mom. i'm 22. and i understand where your coming from and completely respect you point of view. but not all young moms are like this. and in my case, i was thinking about the consiquences and we planned it its not like my son wasnt meant to be you know. and about the girls on maury it is kind of scary thinking that girls my age are having alot of kids, and do it only to stay on welface. i'm not going to lie. were having tough times right, and yes were on welfare, but only because we need the help. my hubby lost his job in oct. and theirs no jobs out here. and its scary! because were on the verge of losing everything we have and we've already lost alot! :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Answered at 12:15 AM on Nov. 26, 2008 by: Anonymous

couldn't said it better & in the same boat
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 12:19 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I think the girls on Maury have some serious issues that need to be dealt with, most of them say they want the baby because they want someone to love them unconditionally. Their parents should be doing that. For the most I think most teenage pregnancies are accidents, and I think even though they are taught well teenagers just have the "it'll never happen to me" attitude.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 12:24 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• i agree with slinkee. its just i hate that people think that just because one person is like that everoyone is the same way! and i hate it. uhhgs. i hate how "maury cases" potray the younger moms, they make us to be all the same and i hate it!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• For one thing. Age can't define who is a bad mother and who isn't. There are much older women who do worse jobs at raising children then younger mothers do. I am 19 years old. Before I had my son I was married, had a home to live in with my husband, he had and still does have a job. We had two cars to drive and still do and we planned to have a baby. We didn't have a certain range of time to have one we just let it happen whenever it happened basically. I am one of those young mothers but the only thing missing is you are wrong on the description of "young moms." Some may be like that then again so can older moms. I don't party, drink, do drugs or tow my baby off on anyone.
    Continued below
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 12:38 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I'm a SAHM and he doesn't even go anywhere without me. I am not a baby raising a baby. I'm an adult and I act like one. I may still have a lot to learn but I think i'm on a pretty responsible road anyway and i'm humble enough to take advice and guidence from people who are more experienced. Yes, those moms are sad for being irresponsible but I strictly direct it to any mom who is not like that. Not "young mothers." I personally know a few older people that do a bad job at parenting so please don't classify only young people as being the irresponsible, partying moms who tow their baby off on people and try to stay on welfare.
    TiffanyLove18

• I think young means like 14 or 16 not a married woman. I've seen those shows...14 yrs olds trying to get pregnant! What a joke!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• tiffanylove18 wow. i agree with you. :D
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I think they mean like early teens being not ready. When you are 18 or older, you pretty much know life and how it goes. I don't agree with a 14 or 15 or even a 16 year old gettting pregnant,on purpose. First, they are still growing, living life, most not working, etc. A 14 year old will lose many years in life(school, graduating, etc) Someone older knows what they want(19 or older) Who will take care of the child ultimately, born to someone at 14 or 15, the grandparent and thats where I would draw the line. I will not raise another child at my age. Sometimes the grandparents need to put there foot down about raising another baby, and if they don't, whose fault is that.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 5:07 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I think it depends. I was one of those girls who wanted a baby when I was a teenager. However, I didn't just have sex with anyone because I understood that a baby needs a daddy and I had to wait to find someone willing to take that on (it just happens my husband was the first one I found suitable to love, have sex with or I thought would make a good father). Nevertheless, I do not agree with the girls on Maury who have sex with anyone and do it just to stay on welfare. That is ridiculous. But I think the bigger tragedy is the babies actually raising babies. There are some families where the older siblings are responsible for raising the younger siblings instead of having a childhood themselves.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:25 AM on Nov. 26, 2008