Wow it is really hard to see my x of 13 yrs , he is the maintance man for the owner of my apts and last nite one of the kids from my bible study clogged my toilet and i had to call nick , i didnt want to see him so i locked myself in the rm ,, dou think i should have gotten all dressed up , so he can wonder where i was going ? i asked him to leave my home cuz he has been cheating on me for 3 yrs and i just couldnt take it anymore .

frances693

Asked by frances693 at 11:00 AM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• You did the right thing. However there was no need to hide in the toilet. Afterall it's your apt....
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 11:03 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I would not of hid from him when he came to fix the toilet. Getting dressed up to make him wonder I doubt would of worked either. Doing that would of hurt you more on top of the 3 yrs of him cheating. The best way to get at him would be to be friendly when you see him, but don't go out of the way to talk to him. Keep your chin up and don't let him get to you.
    kdunker

Answer by kdunker at 11:06 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• The best reaction is NO reaction. It's like I tell my ex, who abused me & cheated on me for 25+ yrs...I don't love him, I don't hate him...I feel NOTHING for him. Head games take too much energy...negative energy. It's better to focus on positive things in your life. Him seeing you happy and functional will have more of an impact than the games. Games just show you still have emotions over the situation. Don't give him that satisfaction.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 11:12 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• First how long has it been that you two are seperated? No its not wrong for you to hide you did what you felt in the moment. You said should i have dressed up. That means it was on your mind before. We have thoughts about what we would say or do if the time came up like this one, but when it does we dont always do them. Thats cool your fine. I think it would of beenfunny to see his reaction if you was actting like you were going out, but then to he might of not cared or knew what you was up to. He was doing a job to so it didnt count. The best time would be the time you know hes out side in the apartment buliding doing what ever and then you get dressed up even i you dont have any where to go and LOL and you have some one you know call out to you and say hey you look nice where u going then you act like your in a hurry to the car LOOKIG GOOD..
    butterflies78

Answer by butterflies78 at 3:17 PM on Mar. 23, 2011