What's a good breast pump??

I really can not afford to pay $300 for one of those medalla or whatever is it......what are some good ones that have worked well for you?

Ethans_Ma

Asked by Ethans_Ma at 11:02 AM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• EthansMa, your profile says SAHM. For you? Best pump is the free one... your baby!

Next best: Avent Isis. $50.

No Gerber or Evenflo. miPump is spotty and I hesitate on it.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:48 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I had an Ameda Purely Yours..it was about 180 and I really liked it!
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 11:17 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I also used the Medela Pump In Style. If you need to pump on a regular basis, you are probably going to have to shell out the money for a quality electric pump. You may be able to shop around and find it cheaper; I found mine online for quite a bit less than it was selling for in stores.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 11:23 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• For me I work all day 10 hrs and pump 4 times a day for 20 minutes and BF in the evening, over night, and before work. I got the medela pump in syle. It's an electric dual pump, I've been using it for 2 1/2 and do not regret my decision, the pump is great. Some reviews complain that its heavy, it weighs no more than a lighly packed diaper bag, and when you carry it nobody knows what it's in! I love it :) It was $279 and I got it at Target. I think with breast pumps you get what you pay for.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 11:05 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I agree with yesmaam. I have the same one and it was worth what I paid for.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 11:12 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• i agree that with breastpumps the more you spend the better quality. i also recommend electric or battery operated pumps.. manuals are a waste of time IMO. i didn't get much with pumping anyway but definitely got more out of an electric than a manual.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:14 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• With the pump in style it comes with a wall plug and battery pack, you need to buy 8 AA batteries, but when I needed them they lasted a good week pumping as often as I did, you can also buy a car charger. Some people do have problems with the pump (nothing is perfect) you can buy all the parts pretty cheap at babies r us except the tubes which come from the medela company itself, but my genious husband went to lowes and got the tubbing and I tested it and works just fine lol
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 11:21 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I had a Ameda Purely Yours till my dh decided to "wash" it and now I have a Lanisoh Affinity no complaints about it it gets the job done. :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 2:47 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• good point gdiamante! i am so nervous about breast feeding and i am not sure why. this is baby number three and i didn't nurse withthe others...i think that is why i am nervous - it's the only thing i am not familiar with and in my small town there are hardly any classes
    Ethans_Ma

Comment by Ethans_Ma (original poster) at 10:12 AM on Mar. 24, 2011