I don't know what to think...

Okay, this is kind of embarrassing, but I am having menstrual troubles. I gave birth over a year ago, and breastfed for five months, which I know can mess up your cycle, but since stopping I have only had 3 periods, the last two of which were so heavy and long I almost called my doctor about it (I was soaking a tampon AND a pad every one or two hours for six days, then another week of normal flow), and then this month my period was so light I hardly noticed it, which is not normal for me at all. Has anyone else experienced weird cycles like this, this long after pregnancy? I am wondering if something is wrong, but I hate my doctor so I don't want to go in unless it is ABSOLUTELY necessary... Any insight?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Health

• First off find a new doctor lol. I wouldn't be overly worried about it, most place tell you it takes at least a year for your body to go back to "normal" maybe you just need more time. Wait and see what happens next month, maybe you'll get lucky and the new lighter period will stick around.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 12:20 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Get on b/c to help regulate your cycle............I bled for three-four months STRAIGHT after my daughter stopped breastfeeding, they put me on generic b/c and it made me bleed more! Name brand stopped the bleeding entirely and regulated and lightened my cycles!
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 12:34 AM on Nov. 26, 2008