If someone said "you're so uneducated" would you be offended?

I would take offense....

What do you think?

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 11:13 AM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Just for Fun

• It would depend on the person and the context in which it was used. If it was said by someone who I am having an argument with and they are mad because I don't agree with them, I could laugh it off. If one of my supervisors said it to me, I would really find it amusing, considering I do all their work. If it was said to me about something that I had limited knowledge about and am asking questions, then I would be offended.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 11:17 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• It would really depend on context. There are a lot of topics in which I am truly uneducated.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 11:16 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I would laugh. Their character would be showing. lol
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 11:19 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• It depends. I know nothing about politics because I don't care and I know nothing about literature because it was never a huge interest for me. I hold two degrees, a BS and an MS, so I know I'm not uneducated. It's a rude thing to say anyway, and it shows incredibly poor manners.
    SnapdragonSMT

Answer by SnapdragonSMT at 11:32 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Uneducated regarding what?

There are plenty of topics on which I am completely uneducated.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:17 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• It would depend on why they called me uneducated. If they are talking philosophy, or politics, then they would be pretty spot on. If they ment in general I might be a little annoyed.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:17 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• No, because I am not, and secondly, I don't care what others think about me.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:17 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• It depends; since I don't know everything then I wouldn't be upset if we were discussing a topic that I am lacking knowledge of.
    Alexias30

Answer by Alexias30 at 11:19 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• If someone is fighting with me & in anger says then I would understand that perhaps the way the person I am arguing with and myself are behaving nonsense. In second case if a person tells me the same for my unexpected behaviour then again I would have to accept it but If the person is out of mind & tells me this then for sure I'll think that the fool doesn't know I'm well educated....
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 11:23 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I don't think they would because I am well-educated and well-informed. Rather than being offended, I'd probably assume they were actually pretty uneducated themselves and just projecting. I do think it's a rude thing to say, but I don't usually get too bent out of shape about such things.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:28 AM on Mar. 23, 2011