Help me lose 10 pounds!!

I have a very small frame, and I am 5 ft. tall, I weigh 110 right now, but every pound looks like a lot on me. I want to weigh around 100 (still healthy for my height/frame)
I have started eating healthy, walking 1 1/2 miles a day. I am thinking about also doing the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred...Give me all your best tips!

My main concern is, toning my legs and stomach. I am not so much worried about the number on the scale, although it would be nice to lose some!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• 1) Get rid of as much stress as possible.
    2) Get enough sleep on a regular basis.
    3) Drink lots of water everyday including before eating.
    4) Make sure you are having 1-3 bowel movements a day. If not then you need the right combination for you of fiber, water, and oil such as fish oil in your diet.
    5) Cut out sugars as much as possible especially in drinks.
    6) Figure out the right way to eat for you. Every person is different and has different dietary needs. You may just need to change how you eat such as eating slower or eating smaller portions or you may need to supplement like if you need more energy you may need vitamin B complex.
    7) With exercise you really have to figure out what works best for you. I gain weight all over so I have to lose it the same way which is why I love dancing and swimming. But some good exercises for stomach is twists and holding crunches with breathing exercises and for legs is squats, kicks,...
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 1:16 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Drinking water slims you down, 8 8oz glasses a day. It boosts your metabolism and makes you less hungry.
    jenmerk

Answer by jenmerk at 10:29 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Keep a food and exercise journal, either on paper or online, so you know how many calories you are taking in and burning. I really like www.myfitnesspal.com, very easy to use and helps you stay on track....
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 4:02 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Count your calories and burn more calories than you eat.
    Samanthamommy

Answer by Samanthamommy at 5:29 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Stay motivated. set smaller goals and stick with them. When you reach one it will help motivate you to keep going.
    lilahsmommie

Answer by lilahsmommie at 6:10 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• find a workout buddy. It helps me to stay motivated if I have a partner. you can encourage each other, and a little competition can make it fun.
    lilahsmommie

Answer by lilahsmommie at 6:23 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Love yourself. I find it is easier to set a goal like this if I am doing it for me, and if I am happy with myself. If I am feeling down about the way I look, or just me in general it seems so much harder. Good luck!!
    lilahsmommie

Answer by lilahsmommie at 6:37 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• ... and leg lifts from laying on the ground.
    8) Have fun! Make your food choices and exercises fun.

For some people though if none of these things really help then they may have a more serious problem such as a hormonal imbalance, thyroid or adrenal gland problem in which they may have to consult a doctor.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 1:31 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Oops! Forgot one...
    9) Massage the area that you want to tone.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 1:51 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Calories in, calories out, burn more than what you eat.

Answer by older at 10:00 AM on Mar. 25, 2011