Teachers: Are there common mistakes that parents make raising their kids that you wish you could change?

This question is for teachers, former teachers and anyone who deals with parents and their children.

Alexias30

Asked by Alexias30 at 11:25 AM on Mar. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• I'm not a teacher, but I kind of understand what you are saying. Teachers see alot of bad behavior in kids and are aware that if the parents did a few things different in the discipline department they wouldn't have to be doing as much to get the kids to learn, and behave in class. Are there some specifics that you meant?
    TeenerBeener75

Answer by TeenerBeener75 at 11:57 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• popcorncanofworms  Honestly, unless the teacher is a parent themselves - they have no clue.

twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:30 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I used to tutor and no there is not anything I can say about parents parenting unless it directly affected my students well being. In other words if my kids came in clean, fed, and did not seem abused then the rest was up to me and the teachers I worked in conjunction with. It is our jobs to teach, not judge parents.

Answer by gemgem at 11:35 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I teach preschool and my only advice is get involved with your child's education and communicate with the teacher. If the teacher is having an issue with your child help to find a solution. Same goes with if you are having an issue let the teacher know. I believe it is a team effort
    Sonshiner

Answer by Sonshiner at 2:14 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• It may be "for teachers," but you clearly posted this with the intent of causing drama.
    -Anonymous-

Answer by -Anonymous- at 11:37 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• drama ?
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 11:51 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Unless a child is being abuse, I stay out of parenting choices. It is NOT by business.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:32 PM on Mar. 23, 2011