Vent: My 38yo brother still asks our parents to pay his bills.

My parents were softie's with us. I have 2 brothers. The oldest brother has ALWAYS been irresponsible. He still gets our parents to pay his bills. He's so spoiled and hates when we tell him that. Our parents are STILL softies. I just wish that he'd grow up. I talk to him & my parents but they don't want to change.
My mom asked me for money yesterday which she gave to him.
My problem with this is that he tells his 2 kids to ask grandma& pa for money. They aren't rich, they are giving away their savings.
Just a vent!
but is anyone else dealing with anything similar?

Alexias30

Asked by Alexias30 at 11:36 AM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• I'm in the same boat. My oldest brother gets what ever he wants from my mother. He's her baby. But as long as they don't ask me for money it's not my problem!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 11:39 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• My brother (age 23) is still living with mom and dad, on their insurance ( which you can do in this state until you are 26 since they passed the new law) and working part time at Target. Yes, he is still young, but has NO future plans at all. He went to barbering school and got his degree, then decided he didn't want to do it. Now he has student loans to pay for something he will never do in his life. Now, he want to go to truck driving school (and take out another loan, which my parents would probably have to co-sign for) but he can barely drive a car ( and doesn't have one either). He borrows my parents car, eats their food, and doesn't pay rent. He is supposed to be saving for his own car, but keeps spending all his money on paintball and airsoft equipment, and has barely 1000$ in the bank. It absolutely pisses me off when I moved out at 21, had my own car, paid my own bills, had a full time job, and took care of myself.
    alphamom26

Answer by alphamom26 at 11:42 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Na & your parents need to put a stop to it or reduce the help. Seriously.....
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 11:37 AM on Mar. 23, 2011