Should I just give up? adult content

After TTC for 2 years...never even a chemical pregnancy or miscarriage. I have had pretty much every test possible done...I don't ovulate. DH is fine. Tried clomid up to the max dose...with no luck. Watched pretty much everyone around me get pregnant with little to no problem. I am tired of Doctors saying oh try this for a few months and then if you don't get pregnant we will try something else. Curretnly ready to give up and tell the Doctor where to stick it!!! I have watched people go to a Doctor and atleast have some follow up...me nope don't want to draw any lab work no ultrasounds to see what is happening even when I complained of severe left side pelvic lower abdominal pain they just said "oh since you have a history of ovarian cysts it was a cyst rupturing" and then they put me on birth control "for a couple of months" and when I came in for a follow up the nurse asked me how the getting pregnant was going and I almost flipped out. I told her "well if the doctor hadn't put me on birth control it would be going a lot better" Then I called the other day to ask if I could have a progesterone level drawn and they told me no that wasn't neccessary that I would know if I ovulated if I got a pregnancy test. I seem to get the worst Doctors...I had a horrible RE who just told me to BBT chart and then kept raising the clomid dose every month when I would fax her the charts, would have her nurse call and tell me we are raising the dose of clomid keep charting and fax it, oh and if your period is late take a pregnancy test (My "normal" cycle is 52 days!!) I am so frustrated right now. I had a co-worker go to the same RE and she lied and told her that she had been trying for 2 years when she had only gone of birth control that month...and she got weekly ultrasounds, clomid and injectables and was pregnany within one month.. I am to the point where I am going to call a doctor and lie to them so I can get treatment that makes sense. I am 30 and will be 31 in September so I am getting concerned about the age thing cause I would like 2 kids...I would at this point settle for one if I could even get that! Sorry this is kind of a vent as well as a question. Any one know any good OB/GYN's or RE's in the Northern Wisconsin area??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• (((Hugs))). I think you need a doc who will do a full work-up. Infertility can be caused by medical conditions that do not get better by "forgetting about it" "not trying too hard" or looking into other ways of building a family. If you do not ovulate, then you will not get pregnant. Don't settle for less than the best RE. But be truthful, because that's the best way for them to really get to the route of the problem. Miracles can happen, but sometimes they need a little medical intervention.
    Danyellimom

Answer by Danyellimom at 1:22 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Idon't think there is any truth to that "If the powers that be" want you to get pregnant,you will. Garbage.
    And I don't think you are "obssessed" either!!!

I say you need to find another Doctor!!!
    My daughter is going through the same thing. They are doing all they can to help her and her husband and they aren't going to leave it all up to "fate" or "God" or "the Powers that BE'.
    I sympathize and I wish you all the best! You deserve a Doctor who will try and not just shrug you off ....!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:53 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Im NOT trying to be hurtful. But if the powers that be WANT you to have a baby, it will happen. Stop trying so hard!!! Many women find that when they gave up trying that it DID happen for them. Maybe that will work for you. There is always the option of adoption.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:43 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• The previous comments lead me to agree with them, obsession can stand in the way of conceiving, put your nurturing to work on something else, and once it is off your mind you will get pregnant.....

Answer by older at 11:45 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I know this sounds like a crappy answer. but ya I think you should just give up. My friend tried for 2 years to get pregnant and did all the things you just listed and finally gave up in a fit of tear's and said "I didn't want a baby anyways" and a month later missed her period and was pregnant. A lot of people say as soon as they "gave up" it happened for them. Good Luck.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:44 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• It is hard for me to answer, because with my first, I had an extremely difficult time conceiving my first and it took over a year of treatments. I was miserable the entire time, feeling like I was a failure and that it would never happen. I had a nursery stocked with baby items waiting for my little bundle...and it wasn't until I accepted that it wasn't going to happen for me and discontinued all the treatments that I conceived. It was strange. My LP surprised me by coming home from an extended business trip early, we had sex for fun, I didn't have a chart of ovulation stick telling me when to have sex. Conceived.

I decided that I was not going through all that again with my 2nd, and that I would be okay adopting, and we began the process of fostering to adopt. Got our license and BAM pregnant. Third was just as "easy".

I would take a break from "trying" and resume with a new doctor later if nothing happens.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:17 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Have you been to an RE
    Anonymous