Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

I dont understand this system.. not in danger unless harmed?

my daughters father has been abusive to me. verbally abusive and all infront of my daughter. she is scared of him at times and also has a mental health history. his behavior is erractic and crazy. He sneaks in my daughters school and screams at the teachers.

but he has a right to be unsupervisied with my daughter because he has not harmed her. I keep being told that she is not in danger unless he harmed her. So he would have to beat her head in or kill her before he is a danger? The officers I have dealt with and even his mom thinks my child would be in danger and he is unfit. He has only been only with her twice and both times police were called and one time he was admitted to a mental health hospital due to his behavior that day. but he is fit to courts until he hurts her. I was told to just wait andhope he brings her back and not hurts her. If he takes her and keeps her there is nothing they can do, they tell me and he DOES not have custoudy only visitaition.

I keep posting about this so I am the same person...

No lawyers will help me because its just a crazy situation.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Mar. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

Answers (3)
  • I would be getting notarized statements from school about what he does with her and the teachers, and document his words and behavior then take him back to court. ONLY a judge can order a change to visitation and order him into therapy if he wants to see the child.

    Answer by vbruno at 11:56 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

  • You dont need a lawyer to go back to court for this. Just pay for the motion yourself at the clerks office and do it without a lawyer. You NEED to have proof like statements, a licensed therapist your daughter saw stating the child's fears and what her dad says to her to get the judge to listen.

    Answer by vbruno at 11:58 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

  • Oh man I am so sorry. Keep a record of everything he does and statements from teachers and anyone who wittnesses the behavior. Start getting copies of the police reports. Hope all the record keeping helps when you go back to court.

    Answer by Baby4us09 at 12:10 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.