When is it safe to start ur baby on cereal?

I am gonna try tonight with 4 oz. formula, 1-2 tbs cereal and some baby pune food

karla_23

Asked by karla_23 at 3:39 PM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Health

• I waited till the dr told me to give my kids ceral which was 3 months.
    redtang912

Answer by redtang912 at 4:08 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• If your baby is formula fed, you should start at 4 months. Breast fed, you could start at 6 months but if breastmilk still satisfies, you could wait untill the child is interested in table food. Breastmilk is an excellent food, no need to supplement it, untill the child wants to.
    kristinas8

Answer by kristinas8 at 4:33 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I started my son on it at 9 1/2 weeks. He is still alive at 4 1/2 years. LOL :) Good luck
    kristilandis

Answer by kristilandis at 5:23 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• 4-6 months of age. Yeah some people have started before that, but their tiny tummies are not ready to digest it just yet. If baby spits it back at you he's not ready. There has to be some coordination with the tongue. So he's able to move it to the back of his mouth.
    Anonymous

• 4 months if they are ready, check out babycenter.com, they explain that the digestive system is not ready to process food before that time
    georgesmommy31

Answer by georgesmommy31 at 11:46 PM on Jul. 19, 2008