Smelly hoo ha question (older moms please) adult content

Im in my mid 40s and have recently had some slight changes in my body... my sleeping patterns are changing, Im getting a tad thick around the middle, my periods which you could set a clock by are now a day or two off ... but my biggest issue is a smelly hoo ha.

Disgusting! Im showering more but it isnt helping. I do not have any stds, I do not have an increase in discharge, just this lovely (not) smell. Ideas?????

I figured Id start here, if I cant get any viable suggestions, then Im headed off to the doctors office because Im grossing myself out!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Health

• Your getting older. There IS a natural odor to it, and with no std's or infections it WILL have an odor. And I agree it's NOT pleasant. Did you try a vinegar douche? That usually helps.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:13 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• U could try vagisil wipes for the odor. It it probably caused by fluctuating hormone levels.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:13 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I have the same problem, I bathe every day and use soap just for that area like vagasil instead of smelly perfumed ones. The only thing that changes the smell is when I drink water. I never drink it, I am addicted to coke and sugar tea, but if I drink water for 2 days and stay away from the soda's and tea it will go away completely and the first time I go back to the tea and soda the odor returns.........go figure but I promise it works try it you will be amazed
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 12:13 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I think I'd have it checked. I'm 49, haven't had that issue, and maybe it is just pre-menopause, but I'd still get it checked....and even if it's just menopause maybe they can give you something so you won't gross yourself out....let us know, I'd be curious....just in case I start grossing myself out!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:14 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I am 61, and have never had this issue, but it seems to me that it might be coming from sort of infection, go see your doctor right away, and stop the speculating......

Answer by older at 12:14 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Menopause? I would ask your Doctor about this. It sounds unusual.I went through menopause in the 1990's and that didn't happen so I really don't know what it means.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 12:15 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Well dang. I have REALLY enjoyed getting older and all that comes with it... couldnt pay me enough to be 20 again. But this is just GROSS!

I will go buy a vinegar douche today!! I think I will try that before the wipes... but ill keep that in mind.

Never thought about the fluctuating hormones... wonder if the odor will subside when the hormones level out????

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:15 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• being old does not mean you smell, unless there are good hygiene problems.....

Answer by older at 12:16 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• i know im not older but maybe you are in the early stages of menopause? im only saying that because you periods arent as regular and your sleep patterns are changing.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 12:16 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• You did not mention the water, I PROMISE it works
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 12:17 PM on Mar. 23, 2011