What happens whe you go to family counseling?

I been thinking about going to counseling. I dont get along with my 23 year old stepdaughter and there's alot going on with the inlaws. Im tired of trying and nothing works. Now its affecting my relationship with my husband. My husband expects me to always give in and let things go. I was always the one trying and they dont care nor seem to want to try to work things out. I cant communicate with my husband and tell him how i feel without him gettig upset or blaming me fo something. Im building up alot of recentment and dont know how to get rid of these feelings.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• I've been to family counseling with my husband and stepson. Alot of your story sounds familiar except the ages. Personally i don't feel like it did much good for us. However, if you are all a little older it may help (adults can reason...kids can't). We are all getting through our situation but i took alot of fights and heart-to-hearts
    helplessmom7

Answer by helplessmom7 at 12:29 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Sit down and ask him if he will not go go yourself talk about it and slowly right now I would focus on working it out for you and later talking to him about it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:29 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• In family counseling you talk to a counselor together and also separately. The counselor guides you through the process. I hope your family members are willing to go with you. You could try going alone if you have to. You might also check out some of Dr. Laura Berman's books or the book Relationship Rescue by Phil McGraw. You could browse through them in a good book store. I wish you all the best.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:30 PM on Mar. 23, 2011