What's the best book you read when you were expecting?

I'm a first time mom and due in October. My friends and mom have bought me all these books. I'm not sure where to start and which one to read first. Thanks everyone for your feedback.

spagirl0426

Asked by spagirl0426 at 12:26 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• What to Expect When You're Expecting was my favorite.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:38 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I think that your parenting choices make a difference in what books will make a difference! For example, if you plan to breastfeed, "The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding" is amazing. I wish I had read it sooner, before we went through the challenges we did. If you plan to have a natural birth, Pam England's "Birthing From Within" is great, and doesn't chastise you if you end up having an epidural or c-section. For pregnancy, "Your Pregnancy Week By Week" was my favorite, not outdated, and more factual and neutral about parenting choices than many others. For laughs, I like Jenny McCarthy's books (Belly Laughs, Baby Laughs), and The Girlfriend's Guide series.
    Congratulations on your pregnancy! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:41 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• The last 2 pregnancies I read "What To Expect While Your Expecting" and I am reading the updated version. I swear by that book. They revise the book every few years and add new things to it.
    dolphingoddess

Answer by dolphingoddess at 12:51 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I dont think i have ever read a "helpful" book on pregnancy, but i did love a book call "knock up, by Rebecca Eckler" ( this is not the same story as the movie lol) but from what one post i read on here that depending on what your parenting style is going to be is going to be big when choosing which books to read up on..
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 1:04 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• congrats! i read what to expect when u are expecting!
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 3:27 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Ina Mays Guide to Childbirth
    leejoy

Answer by leejoy at 5:26 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• WTE
    Samanthamommy

Answer by Samanthamommy at 5:53 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I read the What To Expect book with my first. With my second I had done a lot of research about pregnancy and childbirth and when I went back and re-read it some of it was ok and some of it was just crap.

I second "Your Pregnancy Week by Week" and "Ina May's Guide to Childbirth, also I like "The Mother of All Pregnancy Books" by Ann Douglas and "The Thinking Woman's Guide To A Better Birth" by Henci Goer.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 6:47 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Mayo Clinic book it was very helpful.
    ja2010

Answer by ja2010 at 9:24 PM on Mar. 23, 2011