If you do a favor & babysit in the morning for a friend, would you expect her to feed her kids first?

Just curious. We're talking dropping them off at 7:30am, for a week. I personally would feed my kids first since feeding 3 extra kids can get pricey. My friend did NOT feed her kids.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would give my friend money to help out with groceries.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 12:29 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I would feed my kids or send something simple for them to eat for breakfast. I wouldn't expect you to feed them unless we had talked about it before hand and that was the plan.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 12:29 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I would probably discuss it ahead of time. If I hadn't planned with the person that they were going to feed them then I would bring some cereal or something.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 12:29 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Just a thought, why are you watching them? Is their normal sitter gone for the week? Perhaps the person that normally watches them provides breakfast.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 12:30 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I used to get kids dropped off at 6:00 a.m.! I always fed them. We always had toast and cereal,also juice.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:30 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Since my kids wouldn't eat that early in the morning I would ask whether she would prefer me give her grocery money or bring food for them (since sometimes it would be less hassle to cook the same thing for every child)
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:32 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I take my daughter to daycare at 7 am and I pack her breakfast so she can eat it there. I would aks her to please send breakfast for them for the rest of the week.
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 12:32 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• idk I guess it would depend on alot of things, single mom, time, and the deal made in advance. I usually try and make sure all those things are discussed before babysitting.

Answer by gemgem at 12:32 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I'm watching them because they are on Spring Break and can't go to school.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:33 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Personally, I feed my children breakfast before they are dropped off in the morning. That said, if I ever have someone else's child/ren first thing in the morning I always ask if they have eaten or offer them breakfast when we eat. For a week, I wouldn't make a big deal out of it. If it were a longer term thing, I might bring it up, but not for a week.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:38 PM on Mar. 23, 2011