What gives you the right? sorry but i would like to beat this dead horse a little more

the right to say that "women should atleast TRY to breastfeed"? why should i try? my middle daughter never tasted a drop of breastmilk. she's 27 months and i see no development or behavior issues differently than my oldest and youngest who were breastfeed for about 2 weeks. when kids line up to receive their graduation diplomas, can you tell the difference between who was breastfed versus who was formula fed?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 12:31 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Anon, give us the proof that babies who are breastfed are smarter than the ones that are not.......

Answer by older at 12:38 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• What gives people the right is just the fact they are entitled to an opinion. Same right you have when you ask what gives them the right. Dont let it get to you. I chose to bf 3 of mine, 2 werent.

Answer by gemgem at 12:34 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Actually, you do because its proven that breastfed babies are smarter. Anonymous

What no link?
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 12:37 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Fortunately, in the country people have the 'right' to say whatever they like. You have the 'right' to not agree. Simple as that. Though you are perfectly right kids who are formula fed are very healthy children it doesn't negate the fact that breast milk is the 'better' option.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:38 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• LOL. Here we go again.
    I breast fed one baby and bottle fed two. They are all healthy adults with high IQ's and they are college graduates. None of them have any allergies other than ragweed (the oldest one)
    It really does not matter how you feed babies..
    If you raise your kids with love, continuity,healthy foods, plenty of sleep and quiet time and a respect for their fellow man and a love of education, they will become responsible adults, assets to their families and community.
    And all of that has nothing to do with breast or bottle.
    Really.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 1:06 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• anno-- it seems that you lack that higher education you speak of with comments like that
    JNLmomme09

Answer by JNLmomme09 at 1:06 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• The right to say that women should at least try to breastfeed is covered by freedom of speech in the first amendment. People's concept of 'rights' could use some work.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:51 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I agree with ya.

Answer by older at 12:34 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• My DD was bottle fed and I see no difference in how she is. Some women just like to push the point of how important motherhood is. You know some women always trying to one up another!
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 12:35 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Actually, you do because its proven that breastfed babies are smarter.

But to answer your other question, no one has the right to tell you how to feed your child.

seriously?? you went there?
    JNLmomme09

Answer by JNLmomme09 at 12:40 PM on Mar. 23, 2011