If it ain't my tummy and it ain't my abs - then wth is it??

Grrrr..... I keep looking for exercises to firm my TUMMY .... not my belly, not my 6-pack, not my waistline..... my tummy..... that area above the pubic hair and below my bellybutton.   

Everything I find seems to want to give me 6-packs abs and target the area ABOVE the zipper of my jeans. Someone point me to exercises that will work the hell out of the area I'm actually trying to target?? I'm sick to death of this area.

ShelbyShareAlot

Asked by ShelbyShareAlot at 12:37 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Try reverse crunches and look up exercises for lower abdomen

Answer by admckenzie at 12:38 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Well obviously I HAVE looked up lower ab exercises.... everything is about the 6-pack abs. I'm looking for specific exercises to tone the area *just* above the pubic area.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Comment by ShelbyShareAlot (original poster) at 12:50 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I agree with the pp that reverse crunches are usually the top recommended move for the lower tummy. Also, the double straight leg lift, which is basically laying flat on the floor, then slowly raising and lowering your legs. After several reps, you should be able to feel it in the lower belly. Then keep going.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:03 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• No clue but I'll bump you for being motivated! I love my "flabs"
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 1:17 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Have to agree with reverse crunches and leg raises.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 3:55 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Pilates will tone your whole core, from rib cage to buns and thighs, front and back......
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 4:00 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• It is all the same muscle group. Most abdominal routines will have a lower abs section in them. That is what you will want to do. Why dont you want to work the whole muscle group?
    lilahsmommie

Answer by lilahsmommie at 4:57 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Also wanted to add. Any exercise where you are moving the lower half of your body, like reverse crunches, will work the lower abs.
    lilahsmommie

Answer by lilahsmommie at 4:59 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I do work the whole stomach area... I'm just not seeing that defined difference in the lower abs like I'm seeing in the upper ones.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Comment by ShelbyShareAlot (original poster) at 5:09 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Lay down flat, lift your legs up and them push them back down while keeping them straight- do NOT let your legs or feet touch the ground, and do that several times.
    Samanthamommy

Answer by Samanthamommy at 5:28 PM on Mar. 23, 2011