What is the most invaluable tool in scrapbooking?

Aside from the templates and actual scrapbook, what are some tools that you use the most and make life easier? I don't scrapbook but am contemplating doing it but it's so overwhelming in the scrapbook section at the craft store.

Philly247

Asked by Philly247 at 12:38 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Scrapbooking is only as expensive as you make it. If you feel the need to have all of the fancy schmancy tools and accessories, you can and will spend a small fortune. It doesn't have to be that way. There are plenty of resources in which you can buy things rather inexpensively.

The best tool for scrapbooking? A paper trimmer. It makes life so much easier for cutting photos, paper and cardstock.
    ZBandMom

Answer by ZBandMom at 11:32 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• sisscors lol. its not that expensive honestly! For my scrapbook pages of my belly for each month, I printed out pictures to use as decorations. I googled pregnancy scrapbook embelishments, things like that, and I found cute pictures that would probably normally be stickers if you bought them at the store. then I cut them out and glued them in. it doesn't have to be expensive. You can buy different color paper to make your own decorations.
    really all you need aside from the books and pictures are sisscors glue different color paper, markers, and creativity!
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 12:48 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I have just started scrapbooking and it was not expensive at all. At least I don't think so. I bought a book at AC Moore that came with 20 pages for $4.95. Then I got a whole pack of scrapbooking pages for $6.00. I already hjad the scissors and many embellishments from other crafts. Also, the Dollar stores and yard sales have lots of stuff to use. I just found that the internet has many places to print stuff for free. All together I probably have about $25.00 in my start-up supplies.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 7:02 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• double stick photo safe tape for adhesive--I've also used adhesive borders and stickers for the corners
    CoffeeWriter

Answer by CoffeeWriter at 4:48 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• really good scissors
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 10:12 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• You can scrapbook as cost effective or as spendy as you want. That's part of what makes it fun. A good pair of scissors and good adhessive are must haves. I'd also suggest getting a good pen or two for journaling.
    Sparklecoon

Answer by Sparklecoon at 11:36 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Creativity and a lots of money. What an expensive hobby!
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:41 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I am new to scrap booking, also. I bought scrapbooks at Michael's for 40% off, I had fancy scissors, I bought paper for 40 % off, and I am sure what i have will keep me busy for a while.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 9:44 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Double sided tape and lots of different colored paper.
    TishAnn752

Answer by TishAnn752 at 7:07 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Double sided tape for sure and you can also cut out little pictures from B.Day cards or any greeting cards that you may have got in the mail from someone. Save your Christmas ones too and naturally a good pair of scissors.
    mlgrob57

Answer by mlgrob57 at 11:53 AM on Mar. 29, 2011