He's kissing my butt, but why? What would you think?

This morning, and for the past couple days, my husband has had some sort of serious attitude and this morning I was done with it. When I dropped him off at work he made a smart ass remark and slammed the door. When I got to work, I e-mailed him and basically told him I was sick of his attitude, he needs to get over himself, I don't know why he thinks I want to be talked to like that, etc. (it was just attitude, no name calling, putting down, nothing very serious, just annoying) so he calls me and, sounding sincere was like "I'm sorry, you're right, you don't deserve to be talked to like that, I wouldn't want you to talk to me like that, I'm sorry" LOL. I mean I appreciate it, but I dunno it was way too easy or something. I guess we'll wait until tonight to see if he really stops his PMSing or not, but I don't know, it almost sounding like he was just kissing my ass!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• maybe he talked to someone at work and they told him about their story that ended in divorce?
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:45 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Sounds like he may have talked to a co-worker about your argument & they told him to wise up & be nice. Men are very impressionable by co-workers. But it worked out to your advantage. I would just forget the whole thing & when he gets home, just kiss & have a good night. Sometimes silly issues are best forgotten. I think he learned his lesson already.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:47 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Just ask him outright. Thats what I did with my X it helped me.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:47 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I would have loved an apology like that. Sometimes, men need to be told exactly how their actions made you feel. That was sweet of him. So now just except it and move on. He's not kissing your butt, he's being mature and owning up to how he spoke to you.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 12:49 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I do not know your husband so I honestly can not say if he's kissing butt or not, and if so why..

I can lend a different perspective though.. Let me be clear that is all it is , a different perspective. Not telling you that you should view it this way, or think this way.

Your husband called you. He took that first step. He reached out first. He apologized. He stated what he was at fault for, why he was at fault, and stated that he would not want you to speak to him in that manner... The olive branch has been extended. So, what do you do? Do you question his actions? Are you still going to be stand offish. Are you going to instigate possibly another disagreement between the two of you by questioning him/his actions? Or. Are you going to choose to take him at face value and sincerity, except his apology and work together to move forward and have a good day and then a good evening together when he's home again?
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 12:50 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• No, thank you pixie_trix, that is very true!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:52 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• u will find out when u get home tonight maybe he will bring u flowers
    diana398

Answer by diana398 at 12:56 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• He apologized, I wouldn't ask questions :)
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 12:59 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Oh Plz!! Men have PMS, Bi-Polar and are Schizo (no offense to anyone really suffering) all at the same time. These are the the days where they say one thing and do another but when you bring it up they have NO idea what your talking about. When they are mean as hell all day and then miraculously they're sweethearts or vice versa. And they say us women have mood swings and are tempermental. Yeah right!
    KoolMom617

Answer by KoolMom617 at 1:21 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Maybe he was just that - sorry! You got mad, told him off nicely and he may be one man that gets it that easily... Just let it be...
    monshine2

Answer by monshine2 at 4:48 PM on Mar. 23, 2011