Did Prenatals make you sick? If so what did you take instead?

spagirl0426

Asked by spagirl0426 at 12:42 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Prenatal vitamins made me sick when I took them in the morning. If I took them at night before bed by the time I woke up that nasty iron taste in my mouth was gone.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 12:43 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I take them right before bed at night.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:44 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• i went to walmart and bought a bottle that had me taking two a day.. i either did the two a day or took mine at night before bed
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:44 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Just like these guys, I took mine JUST prior to falling asleep (as in, already in bed, winding down).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:44 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Ok. I've been taking mine with my dinner because it says to take with food. I have to cut them up into little pieces because I have trouble taking pills. I'll try taking tonight in bed. Thanks for the feedback.
    spagirl0426

Comment by spagirl0426 (original poster) at 12:46 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Mine was making me sick, even causing me to wake up sick during the night. I found out it was because of the iron in my pills. I get enough through my diet so I switched to a gummy prenatal that I got over the counter from Target. It has everything but iron in it and they have not made me sick in any way. I am so glad I switched.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 12:52 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I can't handle the pills, but I found vita fusion prenatal gummies. I do not get sick with them. They do not have iron in them so I have to take an iron supplement with them that my doctor perscribed.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 12:52 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• i took children's Cars gummy vitamins
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 12:52 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I had to stop because I was getting sick from them. I just ate a well balanced diet, no vitamins.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:54 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I found that taking it before bed with a full glass of water worked best for me. Thats how i still have to do it and im 32 weeks now. But if you still cant take them that way then ask your healthcare provider if she can prescribe one made just for weak stomaches. Until then you can take childrens vitamins. I found the gummies to work best for upset tummys.
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 12:57 PM on Mar. 23, 2011